The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First Opdivo/Yervoy done

Forums General Melanoma Community First Opdivo/Yervoy done

Participant
      I had my first opdivo/yervoy treatment about a week and a half ago. So far no major side effects. I have had some rash and just not feeling great but still managing a full time job and 2 kiddos so I’m not complaining. Hoping that the side effects stay mild and this treatment does the trick. My tumor it on the hip bone and has been more painful since treatment started. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

Missy

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        AnxiousDad
        Participant
          I’m a father of two little guys. Age 7 & 3. I can’t comment on your actual question but I just want to say that you are awesome and a real warrior. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your post. I know there are other lurkers out there who are reading this and getting a spark of hope.
          Hukill
          Participant
            The second week after my first combo the rash appeared. I was so happy because I knew my immune system was having a response. The added pain can be that the tumor is enlarging due to your immune system fighting the tumor now. Many stories on here where people saw increase in tumor size due to t-cells flooding into it. I had 7 tumors in my lungs and before I was diagnosed I had started a little dry cough and had sharp pains in my right upper chest. In the third week after my first combo and I had my second combo that same week the cough and pain went away. With the side effects and these 2 things going away I felt sure the treatment was working. I had my first scan at 8 weeks and 6 tumors were reduced greatly in size. I ended up with 6 side effects but still managed to work full time.
            Lucas
            Participant
              I had all 4 treatments after failing adjuvant pembro and trying tvec . I worked full time only missing a few days due to fatigue. Vitiligo was something I developed a lot of after starting the combo. I had 5 tumors in different lymph nodes( inguinal, iliac, retroperitoneum.) Three are now gone and the two left have shrunk by 60%! I was very sick before starting, but feel great now.
              mandyjill
              Participant
                I am stage 3b and did an Opdivo/Yervoy Clinical trial for a year. Got through with it last August. I had a lot of fatigue and muscle, joint and bone pain but managed to work full time the whole time. I had a few days where I went in late or took off, but not too many. I did have to go on a low dose of prednisone about half-way through, but made it.
                MelMel
                Participant
                  I had a 1.2 cm tumor near my spine (pelvic region) and just under my skin. After the second combo infusion, it ballooned like crazy and within 3 days it shrank to the size of a grain of rice. The last two CT scans show no evidence of the mass. By the way, side effects appear usually after three or four weeks following first infusion. Best of luck and remain strong and positive!
                  Melanie
              Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics