The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First Infusion in LAG3 Trial Complete

Forums General Melanoma Community First Infusion in LAG3 Trial Complete

Participant

As promised, I wanted to come back to give everybody an update on my experience in the anti-LAG3 (BMS986016) trial at Johns Hopkins.

I had my first infusion on Tuesday (6/20). Pretty uneventful in my case. I received Opdivo first, followed by the experimental medication. Everything went smoothly and I have experienced no side effects so far. The research nurse who is overseeing all of us on the trial there told me that another patient who also started on Tuesday had an entire range of side effects. But I've been just fine. As I told her, I hope outwardly things go smoothly while on the inside it's eating up the cancer. But I won't know for sure until my first scans, which I think come at the end of the first or second 45 day treatment cycle.

My next infusion is on July 5 due to the holiday. I'll update again after that one, or sooner if I start noticing any side effects or anything else noteworthy.

-Bill

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Christine.P
        Participant

Thanks for the update, Bill. I hope you continue to be side-effects free and that the combo kicks melanoma's butt.

CindyJ
          Participant

Hi Bill, I read some of your past posts and just wanted to say I'm rooting for you!!! I grew up and lived in the D.C. area for 35 years. I'm sure JH is a great place to be to get your new treatment! Cindy

UBContributor
            Participant

Yes!!  The way to go! Pls keep us posted.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics