The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

first CT scan after 24x opdivo, ended 12-07-2020

Forums General Melanoma Community first CT scan after 24x opdivo, ended 12-07-2020

Participant
      #c, 4 lymph nodes removed

what’s it mean?

1. Two tiny nonspecific pulmonary nodules are present, not previously seen. Recommend attention on follow-up.
      2. No significant abnormality of the upper abdomen.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        tedtell1
        Participant
          Hey; I see no one else has answered this, thought I would chip in with my experience anyway. I have twice had tiny nodules show up in my lungs during scans, radiologists and onco both said it is a relatively common occurrence especially for individuals who have middle age up…but neither time did it show up on the next scan. They just kind of say, keep an eye on it till next time. Hope this helps,

Ted :wacko:

tkoss
            Participant
              thanks. i read my scan report (thru patient portal) before oncological consult tomorrow and i wanted to have relevant questions prepared.

this is a big help

Mark_DC
              Participant
                Hi, I agree with ted – I would play it cool and see what your oncologist says

I try not to read my report before meeting him and let him give me the assessment

I had something similar once or twice, it meant that my oncologist would then want the next scan one month earlier than we would have planned – and then next scan it disappeared. Am hoping will be the same for you

I would not panic because it just says they want to watch it; they have not found disease otherwise they would have said so

good luck with your appointment!!

tkoss
                Participant
                  thanks marc….to late on the looksy………but ur comments were reasssuring.
                tkoss
                Participant
                  FYI any one

1 and 2 mm spots found. onc said not a concern till 10mm.

I will be an expert on 3c melanoma when this is all done and said.

interesting convo about Moderna vaccine. both the onc and I got 1st shot. he said we were lucky as vaccine now in short supply ALTHOUGH they have enough for 2nd dose. so i guess when you get the first they lay away your 2nd dose. Also he said there is a bigger reaction to 2nd shot, maybe a day of fatigue.

soonerjenn14
                  Participant
                    Hi tkoss,

This is totally irrelevant to the conversation, but are you by chance on the reddit sub r/cancer? I think we have talked before…following your posts because I was hoping to be in the same class as you but my lymph node has enlarged again. I just started ipi/nivo yesterday. My Reddit name is zombiealert if that rings a bell. You mentioned this forum to me and I decided to jump in when things went off the rails for me. I hope your scan results are just something to watch for and nothing more! Keep the faith!

tkoss
                      Participant
                        sooner as in OU Boomer Sooner?   i did talk to someone on subreddit, likely you but i couldn’t find my way back there.  Are you 3c or 4? I got extremely lucky cause at 3c and nivo, my chances were very good, or at least better than 50/50.
                        at least you can point out those opd/yervoy commercials and say “that’s me”, even if its for lung cancer. it will be easier for loved ones to get it that you are sick.  My brother had throat cancer and he lost a bunch of weight, so everyone asks…’how’s your brother’ to which I have to say….heh i’m sick too!” LOL.

anyway i think i am the same guys. sorry to hear about your progress and treatment.  nivo was a walk in the park compared to the combo.

i actually toured Cancer Center of America in Tulsa. i have a funny story about that if you want to here it
                        tim

soonerjenn14
                      Participant
                        Hi Tim,

I replied but then tried to edit it and it disappeared, so if this is duplicated I apologize.

Boomer Sooner it is! I grew up in Oklahoma, and then later in life graduated from OU (online), a lifelong dream of mine. Of course I would like to hear your story about the CCA in Tulsa! I currently live in North Carolina and being treated at UNC Cancer Hospital, which I am very grateful for. My oncologist is absolutely amazing and the entire team is top notch!

I was initially diagnosed as stage 4, even though my oncologist and I have discussed whether I am really 3 or 4 since the bone mets that came up on the PET scan have not been seen since but there is still an undetermined spot on my liver. I was really hoping the nivo was going to knock this out, but here I am on the combo. I will be fine, just waiting for the potential side effects to show up. I do relate to your “hey I’m sick too” but in a different way…I don’t look sick and I stay very active so people can’t relate to me being sick. I am a runner so they think “if she’s out running she can’t really be sick” but I am. BUT – cancer isn’t going to have me so off I go!

Take care and I look forward to hearing your “Okie story” soon! Jenn

tkoss
                        Participant
                          congrats on graduation. i am a horned frog and our mission statement it to beat baylor and texas and lose to every Oklahoma team. Some deal worked out 50 years ago.

Anyways shortly after my diagnosis, I was near Tulsa and decided to take a look a CCA.  I have seen their commercials constantly for the last 5 years. It was Sunday so there were no administrators on duty. I stopped a guy in the parking lot, asked if he was a patient and what he thought about the place.

Imagine  your talking to someone from Dallas , who has money, and assumes you do too and you know everyone he knows.  He has prostrate cancer and starts talking about this doctor and that hospital in Dallas like he’s Jerry Jones.  Finally he gets around to telling me so and so, the best Onc in all of Dallas or Texas or the Western World, this famous Onc said his ‘plumbing’ would be inoperative after the operation.   Dallas guys say’s , you know the how they talk , he  says : “Hell buddy, I can’t have that, my GF would leave me faster than a Texas tornado. So I shopped it around and came up with CCA.  They said I’ll   be at Hugh Hefner levels  of virality before the sutures cure”.  “That sold me” he says.

He was 75 and his GF was 73.

soonerjenn14
                            Participant
                              Ahh, the infamous TCU “horny toads.” I have been trained from a very early age to hate all things Texas, especially the shorthorns but I, being a true Okie, have always been fond of the horned frogs I found in our yard and played with. Funny we are from the same part of the world! Btw – you can beat the Cowpokes all you like, but be fearful of that Sooner magic! We believe…

I can exactly imagine your conversation with the Dallas guy…there are many of them who have too much money and consider it a shortcut from the real problems in life…and money can solve all the world’s problems that even the best Western World oncologist can’t fix. “Leave me faster than a Texas tornado”…classic!! I do hope to still have this man’s concerns of “performance” at the ripe young age of 75. Sounds like CCA in Tulsa has some kind of magic going on there!! 🙂

Thanks for the laugh!! Jenn

Viewing 4 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics