The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First CT results

Forums Caregiver Community First CT results

Participant

Dear fellow fighters and caregivers,

My father finally got results from his first pet scan after starting Keytruda in the end of January…. We had to wait for 2 agonizing weeks, but I have some excellent news….

His oncologyst said that CT shows no evidence of melanoma in his body… Omg, I can´t believe it, after just 5 doses he is I guess NED… We were hoping for good results, but no one dared to think about a complete response….

His tumors were under his skin (biggest was 5x5cm) and he had 2 lesions in his lungs (1 and 2 cm large), they can´t be found anymore…. My biggest concern was, that since he had his first scan after relapse in November 2015, two months have passed before he got his first dose of Keytruda and i was affraid, that in the meantime, things have spread elsewhere…..

We feel so blessed that Keytruda reached our Country (we live in Europe  – small ex Yugoslavia country called Slovenia) in time (it has become available in the beggining of January 2016) and as his doctor put it, my father will be talked about at different meetings and his results are trully impressive….

She also said that they regret not taking pictures of his largest subcutaneous melanoma to show before and after pictures to other doctors…. :-)))

Omg, I still can´t relax, i´m still in disbelief… But I wanted to let you guys know that Keytruda is (at least for us) a miracle drug…. Hopefully for many others too…..

Praying for everyone that your protocol works as good as Keytruda worked for my father….

Love,

Patrisa

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        MoiraM
        Participant

What excellent news!

All the best to you and your father.

MoiraM
          Participant

What excellent news!

MoiraM
            Participant

What excellent news!

DZnDef
              Participant

That is truly fantastic news, Patrisa!  I'm very happy for you and your family.  Thank you for sharing this news with us.

DZnDef
                Participant

That is truly fantastic news, Patrisa!  I'm very happy for you and your family.  Thank you for sharing this news with us.

DZnDef
                  Participant

Patrisa
                    Participant

Thank you!

Patrisa
                      Participant

Thank you!

Patrisa
                        Participant

Thank you!

BrianP
                          Participant

Thanks for sharing Patrisa.   That is wonderful news.

BrianP
                            Participant

BrianP
                              Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics