The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Finished OpDivo Treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community Finished OpDivo Treatment

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Raco.
    Participant

WHOOOOOP WHOOOOP LAST Treatment  3/21/2019.  NOW CONSIDERED N.E.D

I also have been back to my Dr. April 4th for blood work and to see him for further instructions.
      He said he was pleased with my treatments and all my scans which were normal.
      My biggest complaints have been PAIN, LOOSING All MY HAIR and ITCHING.
      I am on Prednisone 10mg a day for now and will start decreasing over the net few week and see if any pain comes back. Keep Fingers Crossed.    ( anyone else had symptions last past final treatment?)

What a journey kinda strange not going to treatment every other Thursday but Im sure Ill get over it.

Wishing all my hair will return lol.   

My wish and hope that we all can get to the place where we are NED.
      Raco

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Raco
        Participant

Finished OpDivo Treatment 3/21/2019
          SORRY FIRST ONE POSTED AS ANONYMOUS

mandyjill
          Participant

I didn't know Opdivo would make your hair fall out.

Raco
              Participant

I to have hair loss. Started about the same time as my treatments, small dime size bald spots on back of head only. which started getting bigger and bigger, at the same time, my eye brows, mustache atarting thinning. my head finally got to the point of all the small spots starting to connect and most of my hair on the back of head fell out. everywhere else it thinned a whole lot. SO, yesterday, 10/16/2018 I got my hair removed, BUZZZ CUT.  Now you can really see the areas that had littlt ot no hair but over all I am pleased. Does not look like I have Mange anymore, just a bald head.

Its really crazy how these Meds work on  our bodies. I have alot of other symptions but they are coming and going except for Muscle bone Ache and being tired ALL the time.

Opdivo since April 5th 2018 just had my last treatment  of 26. Finished March 21st 2019

Best of luck to you.

Hukill
              Participant

I had 5 combos and 52 nivo by itself, the last one in August of 2018 and I still have all 6 side effects and they have not gotten better.

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics