The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Finished my last infusion of ipilimumab

Forums General Melanoma Community Finished my last infusion of ipilimumab

Participant

Had my last infusion in the trial of ipilimumab for Stage III just about 3 weeks ago and still feeling fine…yay!  Some trouble with skin rash rearing its annoying head following each treatment, but prednisone and atarax seem to stop that problem in its tracks.  Took 4 campazines the entire 12-week period so not much trouble with GI tract in general.  I conasider myself lucky as to the my system weathering the drug well.  Now the acid test…did it keep the melanoma at bay as effectively…had a clear scan going in after lymphadectomy.  Next scan is scheduled for n

Had my last infusion in the trial of ipilimumab for Stage III just about 3 weeks ago and still feeling fine…yay!  Some trouble with skin rash rearing its annoying head following each treatment, but prednisone and atarax seem to stop that problem in its tracks.  Took 4 campazines the entire 12-week period so not much trouble with GI tract in general.  I conasider myself lucky as to the my system weathering the drug well.  Now the acid test…did it keep the melanoma at bay as effectively…had a clear scan going in after lymphadectomy.  Next scan is scheduled for next Thursday so am hopeful that will also be clear.  Keeping my fingers crossed and praying about that.  Sorry to blather on, but wanted to share my good news with all of you terrific people on this board.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        tasjacques
        Participant
          Mark, i’m glad you have not have big side effects. Hoping for clear scans!!!
          Best of luck
          Elenise
          tasjacques
          Participant
            Best of luck
            Elenise
            tasjacques
            Participant
              Best of luck
              Elenise
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics