The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

finished Interferon treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community finished Interferon treatment

Participant
      just completed 11 months of ld interferon. it was not easy but I glad to be done.

just completed 11 months of ld interferon. it was not easy but I glad to be done.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Wendi Lynn
        Participant

Congrats!  I'm right behind you.  One more month and I'm done!

Wendi Lynn
          Participant

scots
              Participant
                Hope your last month goes well.

Scot

scots
                Participant

Scot

scots
                  Participant

Scot

Wendi Lynn
                  Participant

triciad
                    Participant

Congratulations…go celebrate.  Of course, you'll have to wait until your energy and appetite are back.  Best of luck to you and I hope the Interferon works for you.  I did Interferon, too…no regrets!

Tricia

triciad
                      Participant

Congratulations…go celebrate.  Of course, you'll have to wait until your energy and appetite are back.  Best of luck to you and I hope the Interferon works for you.  I did Interferon, too…no regrets!

Tricia

triciad
                        Participant

Tricia

Charlie S
                          Participant

Way cool!

Let's see, that was four weeks of high dose five times a week  which equals 20 bags, then 48 weeks of shooting yourself up three times a week to make it one year…………….or 52 weeks.

So, 48 times three equals  152+ the 20 bags equals ………………………………….survey    SAYS……….one hundred and seventy two times  you shot up.

THAT is what I call dedication.

I gotta believe that each and every time you thought of melanoma.

Now, you have earned your freedom and I so hope your mind and body  can focus even more ahead of melanoma.

Great job.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                            Participant

Way cool!

Let's see, that was four weeks of high dose five times a week  which equals 20 bags, then 48 weeks of shooting yourself up three times a week to make it one year…………….or 52 weeks.

So, 48 times three equals  152+ the 20 bags equals ………………………………….survey    SAYS……….one hundred and seventy two times  you shot up.

Now, you have earned your freedom and I so hope your mind and body  can focus even more ahead of melanoma.

Great job.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                              Participant

Way cool!

Great job.

Cheers,

Charlie S

mombase
                                  Participant

Charlie, it is so awesome that you can make the most ominous treatment funny! Props to everyone who goes through interferon treatment!!  yes

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                                    Participant

Charlie, it is so awesome that you can make the most ominous treatment funny! Props to everyone who goes through interferon treatment!!  yes

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                                      Participant

Cristy, Stage IV

akls
                                      Participant

That's great!!  What a huge accomplishment.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                        Participant

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                          Participant

Amy S. in Michigan

heg50heg
                                            Participant

Thats a great accomplishment. Tou should feel a whole lot safer after making it all the way through. I was only able to finish 3 months of interferon due to complications. I hope you are one of the responders to the treatment and Melanoma does not visit you again. I for one have not had a reoccurance yet and I am one year from being diagnosed so I am hoping that 3 months worth did the trick for me. Who knows maybe we can both put this desease on our back buners and keep breathing easy now.

heg50heg
                                              Participant

Thats a great accomplishment. Tou should feel a whole lot safer after making it all the way through. I was only able to finish 3 months of interferon due to complications. I hope you are one of the responders to the treatment and Melanoma does not visit you again. I for one have not had a reoccurance yet and I am one year from being diagnosed so I am hoping that 3 months worth did the trick for me. Who knows maybe we can both put this desease on our back buners and keep breathing easy now.

heg50heg
                                                Participant

Kim41
                                                  Participant

I am stage 3 and I am thinking about treatment. Have not seen an oncologist yet. But I think they will talk about interferon. How was it for you and were you able to work?

Kim41
                                                    Participant

I am stage 3 and I am thinking about treatment. Have not seen an oncologist yet. But I think they will talk about interferon. How was it for you and were you able to work?

scots
                                                        Participant
                                                          I worked the entire year, but it was not easy. I only missed about 7 days of work. I lost about 19 lbs. and by the end of most days I was exhausted. I would be happy to answer any other questions you have.

Scot

Thank you for sharing about your experiences. My mom is stage 3 & started Interferon today. Thank you again & hope you are doing well!

Thank you for sharing about your experiences. My mom is stage 3 & started Interferon today. Thank you again & hope you are doing well!

Kim41
                                                          Participant

Wow thats great that you were able to work the whole time. I am a floor nurse at the local hospital and I work 12 hr shifts also. Maybe I could only work 8hr shifts at first. I dont have much sick time left and I am getting anxious. My drain is still in and draining about 60mls/day, and it apparently has to be less than 30mls/day till they can remove it. Too much to think about! Thanks for responding and that encourages me that people can actually work thru the treatment. Take care!   

Kim

Kim41
                                                            Participant

Wow thats great that you were able to work the whole time. I am a floor nurse at the local hospital and I work 12 hr shifts also. Maybe I could only work 8hr shifts at first. I dont have much sick time left and I am getting anxious. My drain is still in and draining about 60mls/day, and it apparently has to be less than 30mls/day till they can remove it. Too much to think about! Thanks for responding and that encourages me that people can actually work thru the treatment. Take care!   

Kim

Kim41
                                                              Participant

Kim

scots
                                                                Participant
                                                                  I worked the entire year, but it was not easy. I only missed about 7 days of work. I lost about 19 lbs. and by the end of most days I was exhausted. I would be happy to answer any other questions you have.

Scot

scots
                                                                  Participant

Scot

Kim41
                                                                  Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics