The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

finally

Forums General Melanoma Community finally

Participant

a new date for this biopsy (kidney) is scheduled after the disaster of October 21st one.   November 10th.  one day before my son's birthday, not fun, and well I guess I have no choice.

though now I know what it will be like makes it worse for me.  (laying on my tummy in the CT scanner)  being perfectly still.  What happened last time was the next day, I ended up not being able to roll out of bed.  my back muscles were all screwed up.  Oh well.  Lets get it done with, and find out what kind we are dealing with.

a new date for this biopsy (kidney) is scheduled after the disaster of October 21st one.   November 10th.  one day before my son's birthday, not fun, and well I guess I have no choice.

though now I know what it will be like makes it worse for me.  (laying on my tummy in the CT scanner)  being perfectly still.  What happened last time was the next day, I ended up not being able to roll out of bed.  my back muscles were all screwed up.  Oh well.  Lets get it done with, and find out what kind we are dealing with.

Bonnie

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        bcl
        Participant

Glad you got a date Bonnie.. but what a ridiculously long time they have made you wait!  Can you take something in advance so that your back does not tense up so much due to the uncomfortable/unnatural position? I have a herniated disk and always ask for support for under my knees.. one would think they would have something they can do for you ..even with a face down procedure ๐Ÿ™

I can't help thinking you may be the only Bonnie they have ever met, but surely you can't be the only patient with back issues.. 

bcl
          Participant

Glad you got a date Bonnie.. but what a ridiculously long time they have made you wait!  Can you take something in advance so that your back does not tense up so much due to the uncomfortable/unnatural position? I have a herniated disk and always ask for support for under my knees.. one would think they would have something they can do for you ..even with a face down procedure ๐Ÿ™

I can't help thinking you may be the only Bonnie they have ever met, but surely you can't be the only patient with back issues.. 

bcl
            Participant

Bonnie Lea
                Participant

oh linda you are right on that.  Even with the tube which runs down my right side  the neck is not easily lay-able on and the tube is just under the skin.  when I have anything done on my back, my knees get propped up yep.  but on tummy? with head twisted to one side or the other.  I could not even tell them which felt better, cos neither did and I cannot be face down in a pillow I guess. 

One good thing….. they noted   when I said thankgoodness no boobs to crush,  they said this is making it much easier than if you had 'em. hahah

Love Bonnie

Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

oh linda you are right on that.  Even with the tube which runs down my right side  the neck is not easily lay-able on and the tube is just under the skin.  when I have anything done on my back, my knees get propped up yep.  but on tummy? with head twisted to one side or the other.  I could not even tell them which felt better, cos neither did and I cannot be face down in a pillow I guess. 

One good thing….. they noted   when I said thankgoodness no boobs to crush,  they said this is making it much easier than if you had 'em. hahah

Love Bonnie

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

Love Bonnie

jag
                    Participant
                      Good luck Bonnie, I hope they treat you with the kindness you seem to manage for eveybody here, despite your problems. Maybe you can get some kind of muscle relaxant or they can order in a hunky”swedish massage therapist” for you. ๐Ÿ™‚
                        jag
                        Participant
                          Sorry Bonnie, that was me, my “dumb phone” somehow managed to click the anonymoose feature
                          JAG
                          jag
                          Participant
                            Sorry Bonnie, that was me, my “dumb phone” somehow managed to click the anonymoose feature
                            JAG
                            jag
                            Participant
                              JAG
                              Bonnie Lea
                              Participant

Prophonal? what ever it was they gave me about one drop and asked is that better?  I said no its not, my neck feels like the tube will stretch and pop.  she was just ready to give me more (dunno what)  when the proceedure was cancelled.

ah well.   Thanks for telling my it was not annon it was you!  How goes life with you and M and the van?

Bonnie L.

Bonnie Lea
                                Participant

Prophonal? what ever it was they gave me about one drop and asked is that better?  I said no its not, my neck feels like the tube will stretch and pop.  she was just ready to give me more (dunno what)  when the proceedure was cancelled.

ah well.   Thanks for telling my it was not annon it was you!  How goes life with you and M and the van?

Bonnie L.

jag
                                  Participant

Life w/M and I is great, van is still being developed and stored at an "undisclosed location".  If you are lucky, I will send you a link to it in the future.

jag
                                    Participant

Life w/M and I is great, van is still being developed and stored at an "undisclosed location".  If you are lucky, I will send you a link to it in the future.

jag
                                      Participant

Bonnie Lea
                                        Participant

Bonnie L.

jag
                                        Participant
                                          Good luck Bonnie, I hope they treat you with the kindness you seem to manage for eveybody here, despite your problems. Maybe you can get some kind of muscle relaxant or they can order in a hunky”swedish massage therapist” for you. ๐Ÿ™‚
                                          jag
                                          Participant
                                            BarbieGirl
                                            Participant

Dayum, Bonne—you've been thru so much!  I admire your spunk and attitude thru it all, you rock!!  Keeping you in my heart and prayers, my friend!!  *Hugz* and love!

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                                              Participant

Dayum, Bonne—you've been thru so much!  I admire your spunk and attitude thru it all, you rock!!  Keeping you in my heart and prayers, my friend!!  *Hugz* and love!

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                                                Participant

~Lisa~

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics