The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

fever with menikist and tarifar

Forums General Melanoma Community fever with menikist and tarifar

Participant
      My husband has been on combo for 4 weeks now. Started fever, chills, light headed yesterday but only lasted few hours then fine. Today has been all day so far. Anyone experience side effects with menikist and tarifar combo? Thanks in advance
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jamieth29
        Participant
          I was on the drugs for about 4 months and had no side effects. My Doctor had warned me of getting fever though and said if i did to stop taking pills until it went away then we would start again. Not telling you to do that but i would immediately contact your doctor and ask how to proceed. Fever is the most common side effect of the pills.
          jamieth29
          Participant
            I was on the drugs for about 4 months and had no side effects. My Doctor had warned me of getting fever though and said if i did to stop taking pills until it went away then we would start again. Not telling you to do that but i would immediately contact your doctor and ask how to proceed. Fever is the most common side effect of the pills.
              stevecathy
              Participant
                Thank you for the reply. We did contact oncologist, seen primary today to rule infection. Did start antibiotics today as precaution. Thanks again, hope all is well
                rosey2014
                Participant

Hi Cathy. My dad was on that a year ago. From dec – April. He got pneumonia in January. With the fever and shakes so bad he could hold a glass.  In February 2015 he had brain met so they did gamma knife and gave him a month off. Started again in March. He got the fever and shakes again. They lowered his does in half. I took him to the hospital in April because he felt so horrible, they admitted him for pneumonia but he did not test positive for it. His oncologist wasn't certain if the tak Mek caused this or he just couldn't kick his illness. I'm convinced it was the chemo. He has been on pembrozaluamb since July 2015. Holding steady. But he admitted this month he needs a break. He's 77 and the doc said he agrees and it won't be a problem with him treatment to take a few months off!  Positive vibes to you and your husband. Stay advocating to keep him as healthy as possible!

rosey

stevecathy
                  Participant
                    Thank you Rosey. We go Monday to ctca hoping oncologist may reduce chemo give him a break. Still having fever and chills. Thanks again for post .
                    stevecathy
                    Participant
                      Thank you Rosey. We go Monday to ctca hoping oncologist may reduce chemo give him a break. Still having fever and chills. Thanks again for post .
                      stevecathy
                      Participant
                        rosey2014
                        Participant

Hi Cathy. My dad was on that a year ago. From dec – April. He got pneumonia in January. With the fever and shakes so bad he could hold a glass.  In February 2015 he had brain met so they did gamma knife and gave him a month off. Started again in March. He got the fever and shakes again. They lowered his does in half. I took him to the hospital in April because he felt so horrible, they admitted him for pneumonia but he did not test positive for it. His oncologist wasn't certain if the tak Mek caused this or he just couldn't kick his illness. I'm convinced it was the chemo. He has been on pembrozaluamb since July 2015. Holding steady. But he admitted this month he needs a break. He's 77 and the doc said he agrees and it won't be a problem with him treatment to take a few months off!  Positive vibes to you and your husband. Stay advocating to keep him as healthy as possible!

rosey

rosey2014
                          Participant

rosey

stevecathy
                            Participant
                              Thank you for the reply. We did contact oncologist, seen primary today to rule infection. Did start antibiotics today as precaution. Thanks again, hope all is well
                              stevecathy
                              Participant
                              jamieth29
                              Participant
                                Gwenmorgan
                                Participant

Greetings, I was on BRAF taf/Mek for 6 months and had a low fever daily and arthritis like joint pain.  I had to take breaks as well.  Swimming in a heated pool helped with the joint pain and Motrin/Tylenol was all I could take for fever, however, that was short lived due to liver challenges.

Gwenmorgan
                                  Participant

Greetings, I was on BRAF taf/Mek for 6 months and had a low fever daily and arthritis like joint pain.  I had to take breaks as well.  Swimming in a heated pool helped with the joint pain and Motrin/Tylenol was all I could take for fever, however, that was short lived due to liver challenges.

Gwenmorgan
                                    Participant

stevecathy
                                        Participant
                                          Thank you for the reply. I appreciate all the input . Blessings to you
                                          stevecathy
                                          Participant
                                            stevecathy
                                            Participant
                                        Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics