The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Feeling icky

Forums General Melanoma Community Feeling icky

Participant

Ugh…I have had a day full of nausea, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. This is the part I hate about cancer…I keep trying to guess if I'm sick, if it's side effects (I'm on Opdivo), or if it's some kind of bad sign that my melanoma is spreading/re-growing, 

In April I was kicked off the Ipi/Nivo trial after 3 infusions. At the end of May I had a single dose of ipi. Since June I've been on Opdivo. I had lots of gastro issues until the middle of September, but they cleared up. I am on meds for hypothyroidism as a result of the drugs. In November, I learned I'm NED.

Has anyone else had side effects return after disappearing? 

I could be jumping the gun – I have lots of exposure to germs, church, hospital, 2 kids in daycare when I'm at treatment or sub, and a husband who is an elementary teacher. 

I'd appreciate any thoughts!

Ashley

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        geriakt
        Participant

I am on Opdivo and have had about 10 infusions of it.  The only main side effects I have is skin rash about 24-48 hours after infusion and some back pain at times. 

I did have some diarrhea last week but I think it was from well water I was drinking for 4 days in South Africa.

By reading many posts on here it seems every person reacts differently to IPI and NIVO.

Tom

geriakt
          Participant

I am on Opdivo and have had about 10 infusions of it.  The only main side effects I have is skin rash about 24-48 hours after infusion and some back pain at times. 

I did have some diarrhea last week but I think it was from well water I was drinking for 4 days in South Africa.

By reading many posts on here it seems every person reacts differently to IPI and NIVO.

Tom

geriakt
            Participant

Tom

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics