The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

feeling down and need advice

Forums General Melanoma Community feeling down and need advice

Participant
      I am a stage 4 patient with mets in my spleen liver and brain. I have tried vem and wbr but neither have worked. I was told that I will be put on temozolmide next but oncologist running out of options. Just wondered if anyone else has been in this situation and how they cooed

Thanks

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Cooper
        Participant

There is hope and other options.  How about the braf/mek combo?  And Pembro is being approved shortly.  Have you tried IPI?

Cooper
          Participant

There is hope and other options.  How about the braf/mek combo?  And Pembro is being approved shortly.  Have you tried IPI?

Cooper
            Participant

hannahcopeland1
              Participant

Hi! I am stage 4 as well. I was diagnosed with leptomeningeal disease in my brain in april, which has a horrible prognosis. Things i was reading said i could die within 2 weeks. I was so devastated. I ended up in the hospital after a bad spell of headaches and vomitting and was there for 10 days undergoing WBR, and i started on ipi and temodar. i took the summer recooperating, finished ipi and temodar and I am still here and feeling pretty darn good. i still have a lot of work to do, but my last MRI show the lepto disease almost gone, so i am very lucky. I still have mets in my skull, spine, liver and lungs, but im able to be myself again and be happy. i am very thankful. 

I start PD1 EAP on Monday so im looking forward to moving forward!

have you done ipi? PD1 should be coming on the market soon as well. and both supposedly work in the brain. sounds like you still have options.

hang in there. I know how hard this stuff is.

H

hannahcopeland1
                Participant

Hi! I am stage 4 as well. I was diagnosed with leptomeningeal disease in my brain in april, which has a horrible prognosis. Things i was reading said i could die within 2 weeks. I was so devastated. I ended up in the hospital after a bad spell of headaches and vomitting and was there for 10 days undergoing WBR, and i started on ipi and temodar. i took the summer recooperating, finished ipi and temodar and I am still here and feeling pretty darn good. i still have a lot of work to do, but my last MRI show the lepto disease almost gone, so i am very lucky. I still have mets in my skull, spine, liver and lungs, but im able to be myself again and be happy. i am very thankful. 

have you done ipi? PD1 should be coming on the market soon as well. and both supposedly work in the brain. sounds like you still have options.

H

hannahcopeland1
                  Participant

H

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics