The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Failed Intermittent Zel, onto Merck PD1 hopefully

Forums General Melanoma Community Failed Intermittent Zel, onto Merck PD1 hopefully

Participant
      After almost a year on/off Zel I’m off again, having failed it definitely once, I think twice, and also Ipi. CT was clear, 2 brain mets are stable after SRS in Nov with one showing 1 mm edema they “think” UGH!! Cardiac tumor is thriving again but blessed to feel good, have normal heart function, and no growth into the heart muscle still, after a year. Also blessed to have an opening into Merck PD1 trial if I can qualify. Fingers crossed, prayers going up, I will be a lab rat hooked up to a drip, 3 weeks from now. Have another brain MRI next wk which must be stable. Every day is a gift!!

Amy

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mickey n Jo
        Participant

Amy, You were always there for us. Wishing you all the best.  My thoughts and many prayers are with you always.

Stay strong,

Jo

Mickey n Jo
          Participant

Amy, You were always there for us. Wishing you all the best.  My thoughts and many prayers are with you always.

Stay strong,

Jo

awillett1991
              Participant
                Thanks Jo. How are you holding up?
                awillett1991
                Participant
                  awillett1991
                  Participant
                    Mickey n Jo
                    Participant

Hanging on , but barely.

Mickey n Jo
                      Participant

Hanging on , but barely.

Mickey n Jo
                        Participant

Hanging on , but barely.

Mickey n Jo
                        Participant

Stay strong,

Jo

AllyNTAus
                          Participant

Amy, wishing you the gift of many many more days, and keeping everything crossed for you that you get onto the PD1 Trial. I would be very keen to hear how the trial goes if you get on it, as we do have the Merck PD1 trial running here in Australia although with very limited openings.

All the best,

Ally

awillett1991
                              Participant
                                Trying not to get my hopes up too much, and I am grateful for having the last year w my family. Thanks Ally. Lots of sites here w openings, I’m lucky its in my hometown. How are you doing??
                                awillett1991
                                Participant
                                  Trying not to get my hopes up too much, and I am grateful for having the last year w my family. Thanks Ally. Lots of sites here w openings, I’m lucky its in my hometown. How are you doing??
                                  AllyNTAus
                                  Participant

Amy, like you I'm grateful for every moment, seeing my little boy grow up is a daily gift. I'm doing pretty well, back home and back at work now after 5 weeks away starting up on the Novartis BRAF/MEK combination trial, no side effects and disease has stabilised again with no major organ involvement, just scattered lymph nodes and small subq mets.

AllyNTAus
                                    Participant

Amy, like you I'm grateful for every moment, seeing my little boy grow up is a daily gift. I'm doing pretty well, back home and back at work now after 5 weeks away starting up on the Novartis BRAF/MEK combination trial, no side effects and disease has stabilised again with no major organ involvement, just scattered lymph nodes and small subq mets.

awillett1991
                                      Participant
                                        Great news Ally! Keep fighting!
                                        awillett1991
                                        Participant
                                          awillett1991
                                          Participant
                                            AllyNTAus
                                            Participant

awillett1991
                                              Participant
                                              AllyNTAus
                                              Participant

Amy, wishing you the gift of many many more days, and keeping everything crossed for you that you get onto the PD1 Trial. I would be very keen to hear how the trial goes if you get on it, as we do have the Merck PD1 trial running here in Australia although with very limited openings.

All the best,

Ally

AllyNTAus
                                                Participant

All the best,

Ally

Tina D
                                                  Participant

Absolutely hating this news, but also thankful for the fact that your heart function is normal inspite of it all! Praying you can qualify for the PD1 trial. Lots of prayer sgoing up for you from here.

Tina

Tina D
                                                    Participant

Absolutely hating this news, but also thankful for the fact that your heart function is normal inspite of it all! Praying you can qualify for the PD1 trial. Lots of prayer sgoing up for you from here.

Tina

Tina D
                                                      Participant

Tina

awillett1991
                                                          Participant
                                                            Thanks so much Tina.
                                                            awillett1991
                                                            Participant
                                                              Thanks so much Tina.
                                                              NYKaren
                                                              Participant

Hello Amy,

I sincerely you get to be a lab rat.  Our lives are about hanging on until the next best thing comes along…I was really out of good options until my BRAF status changed to positive, now I'm all about hanging on until the BRAF combo drugs are approved.  Then if I respond to them, it will be hanging on until PD1 is approved or if before then, that I have measurable disease at the time a trial is recruiting. 

I believe these drugs fail us, we don't fail them.

Fingers crossed for you,

karen

NYKaren
                                                                Participant

Hello Amy,

I sincerely you get to be a lab rat.  Our lives are about hanging on until the next best thing comes along…I was really out of good options until my BRAF status changed to positive, now I'm all about hanging on until the BRAF combo drugs are approved.  Then if I respond to them, it will be hanging on until PD1 is approved or if before then, that I have measurable disease at the time a trial is recruiting. 

Fingers crossed for you,

karen

NYKaren
                                                                  Participant

Hello Amy,

Fingers crossed for you,

karen

awillett1991
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Thanks so much Tina.
                                                                Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics