The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Expanded Access Program MK-3475 – mayo status

Forums General Melanoma Community Expanded Access Program MK-3475 – mayo status

Participant

Here's the scoop from my experience at Mayo for Merck's EAP of their MK-3475 PD1.

Took about a week for them to do the paper work.

They were told it would take about a week to get the medicine but they got it within a day or two.

Had to have a little over a week washout period for the Taf/Mek combo.

The dosage is 2 mg per kg of your weight. Administered by iv over 30 minutes every 3 weeks.

Merck has allocated 4500 slots. 100 have been allocated to Mayo and they have filled 42 of them.

If this trial becomes available closer to home they can transfer you.

Here's the trial number if you are interested: NCT02083484

I started it last Wednesday.

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

Whoo hoo, Artie! You made it! Congratulations! You are one tough, determined bugger, aren't you?!

I will be praying and praying that the MK-3475 kicks mel's butt for you. You sure have earned a success. Is Mayo your closest facility or are you hoping that the EAP comes to some place closer to you?

POW
          Participant

Whoo hoo, Artie! You made it! Congratulations! You are one tough, determined bugger, aren't you?!

I will be praying and praying that the MK-3475 kicks mel's butt for you. You sure have earned a success. Is Mayo your closest facility or are you hoping that the EAP comes to some place closer to you?

POW
            Participant

Tina D
              Participant

This is super great news.. also, I am sure the details will be incredibly helpful for those needing the EAP for PD1.

So glad you were able to get access and get started so quickly!

Tina

Tina D
                Participant

This is super great news.. also, I am sure the details will be incredibly helpful for those needing the EAP for PD1.

Tina

Tina D
                  Participant

Tina

evleye
                    Participant

Sending positive thoughts for success with this trial and no side effects (well very little anyway)!!

evleye
                      Participant

Sending positive thoughts for success with this trial and no side effects (well very little anyway)!!

evleye
                        Participant

tschmith
                            Participant

Prayng that it works for you, Artie!  You are a real fighter and your posts have inspired me when I'm feeling down in the dumps.  Best wishes to you!

Terrie

tschmith
                              Participant

Prayng that it works for you, Artie!  You are a real fighter and your posts have inspired me when I'm feeling down in the dumps.  Best wishes to you!

Terrie

tschmith
                                Participant

Terrie

Bubbles
                                Participant

Congrats, Artie!  Wishing you my best!  Celeste

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Bubbles
                                    Participant

Mat
                                      Participant

Great news Artie!

Mat
                                        Participant

Great news Artie!

Mat
                                          Participant

Great news Artie!

BrianP
                                            Participant

Great news Artie!  Way to persevere.

Brian

BrianP
                                              Participant

Brian

BrianP
                                                Participant

Brian

arthurjedi007
                                                  Participant

Thank you all for well everything. I couldn't have made it this far without the support and information I have found here.

Yes Mayo is about 1000 miles round trip for us. But mom packed lots of food and dad made sure the car was checked out so we did fine. If I don't have at least a bananna or something every couple hours I get weak so mom likes to make sure there is plenty to eat. There was also an old country buffet resteraunt up there so I ate really good. There is no direct flight so I added it up and it would take about the same amount of time to fly and mom preferred to drive.

When I was at Siteman here in Saint Louis almost 4 weeks ago they said they had started the paperwork and should have it here within a month. I doubt they will be that fast but maybe and I assume eventually it will be here. They prefer BMS so they might concentrate their time on it's EAP instead. I dunno. I'm supposed to go to Siteman this Tuesday if Mayo says it is ok to continue with the Xgeva shot so I should learn more. That will be easier if it was here but it was a nice trip to Mayo. That Kalar Grand hotel was nice there and right across the street.

arthurjedi007
                                                    Participant

Thank you all for well everything. I couldn't have made it this far without the support and information I have found here.

Yes Mayo is about 1000 miles round trip for us. But mom packed lots of food and dad made sure the car was checked out so we did fine. If I don't have at least a bananna or something every couple hours I get weak so mom likes to make sure there is plenty to eat. There was also an old country buffet resteraunt up there so I ate really good. There is no direct flight so I added it up and it would take about the same amount of time to fly and mom preferred to drive.

When I was at Siteman here in Saint Louis almost 4 weeks ago they said they had started the paperwork and should have it here within a month. I doubt they will be that fast but maybe and I assume eventually it will be here. They prefer BMS so they might concentrate their time on it's EAP instead. I dunno. I'm supposed to go to Siteman this Tuesday if Mayo says it is ok to continue with the Xgeva shot so I should learn more. That will be easier if it was here but it was a nice trip to Mayo. That Kalar Grand hotel was nice there and right across the street.

BrianP
                                                        Participant

1000 miles!  That's a pretty good haul.  My treatments are a little over 600 miles round trip and I thought that was long.  But it's like I always say to people that comment on it, "It's a small price to pay for the gift of hope."

BrianP
                                                          Participant

1000 miles!  That's a pretty good haul.  My treatments are a little over 600 miles round trip and I thought that was long.  But it's like I always say to people that comment on it, "It's a small price to pay for the gift of hope."

BrianP
                                                            Participant

arthurjedi007
                                                            Participant

POW
                                                              Participant

Artie, did you see the recent post about the "Corporate Angel Network"? Brian, you too. They offer free rides on corporate jets to cancer patients. Why don't you give them a call? Here's the link http://www.corpangelnetwork.org/about/index.html Even if they can only take you once in a while it would probably be a welcome change from such long drives.

POW
                                                                Participant

Artie, did you see the recent post about the "Corporate Angel Network"? Brian, you too. They offer free rides on corporate jets to cancer patients. Why don't you give them a call? Here's the link http://www.corpangelnetwork.org/about/index.html Even if they can only take you once in a while it would probably be a welcome change from such long drives.

POW
                                                                  Participant

shanemcdonald99
                                                                    Participant

Thats great to hear Artie !

I wish you the best and may you respond well to the trial !

blessings

Shane

shanemcdonald99
                                                                      Participant

blessings

Shane

shanemcdonald99
                                                                        Participant

blessings

Shane

LuckyMan51
                                                                          Participant

Congratulations Artie, Been following your posts and am very impressed in your analysis and decision making. You are extremely tenacious in your attack on this disease and are inspirational as far as an individual making their own good luck. Wishing you all the best and look forward to the post when you inform us of your NED status. 

LuckyMan51
                                                                            Participant

Congratulations Artie, Been following your posts and am very impressed in your analysis and decision making. You are extremely tenacious in your attack on this disease and are inspirational as far as an individual making their own good luck. Wishing you all the best and look forward to the post when you inform us of your NED status. 

LuckyMan51
                                                                              Participant

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics