The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Excellent scans!! On Breast Cancer Regimen

Forums General Melanoma Community Excellent scans!! On Breast Cancer Regimen

Participant
      My husband, Bill had scans yesterday and they were excellent!! It’s been such a long journey with 3 clinical trials, 3 VATS surgeries, 1 liver surgery, DTIC and now being on the second Her2 drug regimen after he had lung nodules on the first drug. Thanks so much to Sloan-Kettering for finding out he has an over expression of the Her2 mutation. He has some neuropathy in his fingers and feet and he has restless leg syndrome, but he is doing so well!!
      Thanks to the many wonderful people on this board for helping me with awesome advice and support especially Celeste, Brian P and Ed!! I hope you are feeling better Celeste!
      Love to all!
      Maureen
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        SOLE
        Participant
          Dear Maureen,
          It’s such a delight to read you like this! Give my best to your husband and may he continue to be well forever! As for me, coming to three years in september. Apparently NED still. Scanxiety should resume end of August. Been taking care of myself and changing a lot of relationships around me. Living for the meaningful ones, in all genres. It’s been ruff but never like you.
          A bientôt!
          Marc
            Maureen038
            Participant
              That’s wonderful that you are NED Marc! I hope that never stops! I very much agree with you that your life changes with this disease. You definitely want to surround yourself with supportive and compassionate people. Take care.
              Maureen
            Bubbles
            Participant
              Oh, Maureen!! That is wonderful news!! I hate the neuropathies (can relate to that for sure!!!) but ever so glad for the good scan! I am doing well. Just got back from Barre, an exercise class my daughter and I are doing twice a week while she is out of school (teacher) for the summer. Between those work outs and running 3 miles 4 times a week, they are kicking my bootie! In a good way! Thanks for the shout out and thanks for sharing your excellent news. I hope you and Bill have a fabulous summer! Love, les
                Maureen038
                Participant
                  Aww thanks so much Les!! You are such a kind soul!! That’s awesome that you’re doing so much exercise! I love Barre class too. I hope you and your family have a fantastic summer too!!!
                  Love,
                  Maureen
                ed williams
                Participant
                  Nice to hear the good news Maureen!!!!
                  BrianP
                  Participant
                    Yahoo!!!!! Just made my week Maureen. So glad to hear Bill is doing well. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you guys have been an amazing team. Love hearing stories where people have been forced to go outside the box and have found success.

Celeste,

2 Barre’s and 3 or 4 three mile runs a week. I always knew you were a stud!!! or should a say studette.

Bubbles
                      Participant
                        Made me laugh, Brian! In my family, it is characterized as “Beast Mode”….so I’m a BEAST!!! How are you and yours???? celeste
                        Maureen038
                        Participant
                          Thanks so much Brian!!! We’re looking forward to having a relaxing summer! We hope you and family have a fantastic summer too!!

Maureen

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics