The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Eston update

Forums General Melanoma Community Eston update

Participant

Hi! I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Easter to everyone.  My hubby is doing great and is two years from diagnosis….still NED and going strong.  We are getting ready to move to the country on 5 acres to enjoy a little slower paced cancer free life.  Oncology in June, hoping everything stays all clear.

Hi! I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Easter to everyone.  My hubby is doing great and is two years from diagnosis….still NED and going strong.  We are getting ready to move to the country on 5 acres to enjoy a little slower paced cancer free life.  Oncology in June, hoping everything stays all clear.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        carolegarry
        Participant

Happy Easter and congratulations to you both.  The country is a great place to live and enjoy life to the full. 

Great news always cheers me up and gives me hope.

Thanks for the update,

Carole

Jaime.30
            Participant

I too love to hear good news…it renews my hope that many cancer free days can lie ahead for my husband.  I know that with any of cancer there is bad new always and it breaks my heart and I just hope by sharing our good times we can help someone else who may feel like there wont be any cancer free days after diagnosis. 

sharmon
              Participant
                It is always great news to read about. Can you tell us what treatment he was on please?
                Jaime.30
                Participant

Hi, yes he did the Interferon treatment along with radiation.  He completed the one month of high dose infusions and 10 months of the low dose shots at home.  When they thought he had a brain lesion they stopped the shots and felt no need to go back on them after it turned out not to be melanoma.  He is 9 months from his last Interferon shot and doing good.

Jaime.30
                  Participant

Hi, yes he did the Interferon treatment along with radiation.  He completed the one month of high dose infusions and 10 months of the low dose shots at home.  When they thought he had a brain lesion they stopped the shots and felt no need to go back on them after it turned out not to be melanoma.  He is 9 months from his last Interferon shot and doing good.

sharmon
                    Participant
                      It is always great news to read about. Can you tell us what treatment he was on please?
                      Jaime.30
                      Participant

I too love to hear good news…it renews my hope that many cancer free days can lie ahead for my husband.  I know that with any of cancer there is bad new always and it breaks my heart and I just hope by sharing our good times we can help someone else who may feel like there wont be any cancer free days after diagnosis. 

carolegarry
                      Participant

Happy Easter and congratulations to you both.  The country is a great place to live and enjoy life to the full. 

Great news always cheers me up and gives me hope.

Thanks for the update,

Carole

Viewing 1 reply thread
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics