The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ErinMay22? Just wondering how your surgery went

Forums General Melanoma Community ErinMay22? Just wondering how your surgery went

Participant

Just hoping everything went well for you!

Rebecca

Just hoping everything went well for you!

Rebecca

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Erinmay22
        Participant
          Hi! Thanks for checking in! Surgery went well. Glad I did it. Both myself and my surgeon were surprised at how big the tumor actually was. (maybe baseball size?!?). No official pathology report back yet.

Surgery was on the 4th. I was released yesterday from the hospital. Things seem to be fine so far! The surgeon said all other organs looked good. They tried to remove as many lymph nodes as they could.

I am in on Monday to have the staples removed. Then have my 2nd ipi treatment on Tuesday! Feeling pretty good so far. Bit sore from all the moving and car riding. So taking time to sleep and take it easy.,

Hope you’re doing well!
          Cheers,
          Erin

Erinmay22
          Participant
            Hi! Thanks for checking in! Surgery went well. Glad I did it. Both myself and my surgeon were surprised at how big the tumor actually was. (maybe baseball size?!?). No official pathology report back yet.

Surgery was on the 4th. I was released yesterday from the hospital. Things seem to be fine so far! The surgeon said all other organs looked good. They tried to remove as many lymph nodes as they could.

I am in on Monday to have the staples removed. Then have my 2nd ipi treatment on Tuesday! Feeling pretty good so far. Bit sore from all the moving and car riding. So taking time to sleep and take it easy.,

Hope you’re doing well!
            Cheers,
            Erin

Rebecca and Bob
              Participant

Erin,

Really glad to hear that was all they found even though it was big. Sounds like you definitely made the right decision with surgery. They did the same exploratory surgery on my husband looking at all the organs. It's really great they got it out. I hope you hear good news about the lymph nodes. It's great your getting the IPI right after. My husband had IL-2 before the surgery nothing after but the sugeon said after surgery the immune system goes into overdrive so maybe the combo of the surgery and IPI will be just what you need! That recovery with the staples is tough but you sound like you have a great plan moving forward.

I'm waiting for my husband to make his appointment,  that's the hard part now he just loves to delay going in.

Good luck!

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                Participant

Erin,

Really glad to hear that was all they found even though it was big. Sounds like you definitely made the right decision with surgery. They did the same exploratory surgery on my husband looking at all the organs. It's really great they got it out. I hope you hear good news about the lymph nodes. It's great your getting the IPI right after. My husband had IL-2 before the surgery nothing after but the sugeon said after surgery the immune system goes into overdrive so maybe the combo of the surgery and IPI will be just what you need! That recovery with the staples is tough but you sound like you have a great plan moving forward.

I'm waiting for my husband to make his appointment,  that's the hard part now he just loves to delay going in.

Good luck!

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                  Participant

Erin,

Good luck!

Rebecca

Erinmay22
                  Participant

Hope you’re doing well!
                    Cheers,
                    Erin

aldakota22
                    Participant

Thank God that tumor is out.Good to hear from you.In my prayers that all goes well.Beat the Beast.   Al

Sandy11
                        Participant

Erin, glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery and they took out the tumor.. Hoping for swift recovery. My husband had his first Ipi treatment last week.  Brief allergic reaction… recovery drugs then they started over and it went better the second try.  He is now awaiting a second scan to verify whether it is truly a tumor in the intestine.  More than likely the same procedure you just had is in his future. Happy to hear you are able to continue Ipi as well.

Good thoughts are sent your way… for you and you husband too Rebecca 

Sandy11
                          Participant

Erin, glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery and they took out the tumor.. Hoping for swift recovery. My husband had his first Ipi treatment last week.  Brief allergic reaction… recovery drugs then they started over and it went better the second try.  He is now awaiting a second scan to verify whether it is truly a tumor in the intestine.  More than likely the same procedure you just had is in his future. Happy to hear you are able to continue Ipi as well.

Sandy11
                            Participant

Erinmay22
                              Participant

Thanks guys!  Hopefully they got all the tumor out.  The surgeon made it sound like she got it all.  And all other organs around looked good.  They couldn't get all the lymph nodes around but hopefully the ipi will kick in!  

Sandy – best of luck to your husband on his scans.  Bummer about the allergic reaction!  I have 2nd dose on Tuesday!  and get the staples out on Monday!  I'm excited for that since they really irritate me!  

It's been 10 days since surgery and I'm recovering pretty well.  Will see how much longer I should take off from work.  I do notice I get fatigued pretty easily.  Hoping like my last surgery my immune system kicks in to overdrive and things clear up!  

Thoughts and prayres your way everyone!

Erin

Erinmay22
                                Participant

Thanks guys!  Hopefully they got all the tumor out.  The surgeon made it sound like she got it all.  And all other organs around looked good.  They couldn't get all the lymph nodes around but hopefully the ipi will kick in!  

Sandy – best of luck to your husband on his scans.  Bummer about the allergic reaction!  I have 2nd dose on Tuesday!  and get the staples out on Monday!  I'm excited for that since they really irritate me!  

It's been 10 days since surgery and I'm recovering pretty well.  Will see how much longer I should take off from work.  I do notice I get fatigued pretty easily.  Hoping like my last surgery my immune system kicks in to overdrive and things clear up!  

Erin

Sandy11
                                  Participant

Hello ErinMay,  Hope the staples are out and the 2nd treatment went well.  Just checking in to let you know good thoughts are coming your way for recovery. 

My husband has his second Ipi treatment on the 30th.  Still awaiting scan results for review of possible small intestinal tumor. He has chosen not to join in the blog, but looks forward to hearing about your journey.  He too is keeping you in his prayers.  He is very strong (and my hero) your story has been helpful in keeping that strength.

All the best to you.

Sandy11
                                    Participant

Hello ErinMay,  Hope the staples are out and the 2nd treatment went well.  Just checking in to let you know good thoughts are coming your way for recovery. 

My husband has his second Ipi treatment on the 30th.  Still awaiting scan results for review of possible small intestinal tumor. He has chosen not to join in the blog, but looks forward to hearing about your journey.  He too is keeping you in his prayers.  He is very strong (and my hero) your story has been helpful in keeping that strength.

All the best to you.

Sandy11
                                      Participant

All the best to you.

Erinmay22
                                        Participant

Erin

aldakota22
                                        Participant

Thank God that tumor is out.Good to hear from you.In my prayers that all goes well.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                                          Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics