The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Eric n Jill Ohio-how are you doing??

Forums General Melanoma Community Eric n Jill Ohio-how are you doing??

Participant

So happy to see you are posting. How are you doing?I hope Eric's treatment is going well. Stay positive & good luck.

So happy to see you are posting. How are you doing?I hope Eric's treatment is going well. Stay positive & good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        EricNJill
        Participant

We are hanging in there.  He's doing a treatment that is called an Intralymphatic Treatment.  They took his white blood cells and polarized them and they are reinjecting them back through his lymphatic system.  They said they've seen some positive responses when people come in for the second treatment.  Eric's second treatment is October 18th.  You have to be hospitalized for the treatment for 5 days.

We definitely haven't noticed any shrinkage in his tumors.  His leg has been pretty swollen so it's hard to tell if the sub-q's have gone done.  The vascular tumors have been bursting so it's been a battle to keep them bandaged.  We are praying this treatment works.

He has been very sick lately and we're not sure why.  They are concerned because he's losing weight and vomitting so much and shouldn't be with this treatment.  The last Brain MRI didn't show any mets so they are sending him for a scope (Endoscopy) after he gets out of the hospital.

Thank you for asking.  This board has done so much to help us so I try to get on every now and then to help someone else if I can.

It's so sad to see those who have gone…my heart breaks for their families.  I read where Lori C said she feels like she's been ripped in half.   As a caregiver we spend so much of our life taking care of the person we love, I can't imagine what it's like when their gone.  Everything I do, I do because I love him and I want him to get better.

Again, thank you for asking.  It's so nice to know that someone is thinking about us.  :o)

EricNJill
          Participant

We are hanging in there.  He's doing a treatment that is called an Intralymphatic Treatment.  They took his white blood cells and polarized them and they are reinjecting them back through his lymphatic system.  They said they've seen some positive responses when people come in for the second treatment.  Eric's second treatment is October 18th.  You have to be hospitalized for the treatment for 5 days.

We definitely haven't noticed any shrinkage in his tumors.  His leg has been pretty swollen so it's hard to tell if the sub-q's have gone done.  The vascular tumors have been bursting so it's been a battle to keep them bandaged.  We are praying this treatment works.

He has been very sick lately and we're not sure why.  They are concerned because he's losing weight and vomitting so much and shouldn't be with this treatment.  The last Brain MRI didn't show any mets so they are sending him for a scope (Endoscopy) after he gets out of the hospital.

Thank you for asking.  This board has done so much to help us so I try to get on every now and then to help someone else if I can.

It's so sad to see those who have gone…my heart breaks for their families.  I read where Lori C said she feels like she's been ripped in half.   As a caregiver we spend so much of our life taking care of the person we love, I can't imagine what it's like when their gone.  Everything I do, I do because I love him and I want him to get better.

Again, thank you for asking.  It's so nice to know that someone is thinking about us.  :o)

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics