The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Eric n Jill how are you doing!

Forums General Melanoma Community Eric n Jill how are you doing!

Participant

Hi Jill,

How are you & Eric doing???  You are in my prayers. Hang tough! God willing, it will get better for you both.

Hi Jill,

How are you & Eric doing???  You are in my prayers. Hang tough! God willing, it will get better for you both.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

I think that Eric started IPI a few weeks ago. Has anyone heard how Eric is doing??? Hoping things are going well for them with IPI

Betsy

killmel
          Participant

I think that Eric started IPI a few weeks ago. Has anyone heard how Eric is doing??? Hoping things are going well for them with IPI

Betsy

Lori C
            Participant

their caringbridge page was last updated on Wed (a few days ago).    Scan results sounded to me not great and the doctor wanted to start treatment the next day.  Hopefully the ipi will do the trick.  What fighters they are, both of them.   Amazing courage and faith and strength.

Lori

Lori C
              Participant

their caringbridge page was last updated on Wed (a few days ago).    Scan results sounded to me not great and the doctor wanted to start treatment the next day.  Hopefully the ipi will do the trick.  What fighters they are, both of them.   Amazing courage and faith and strength.

Lori

EricNJill
                Participant

Hello,

I'm sorry I haven't been on here much so I didn't see this post.  Eric is doing ok.  He has been in a lot of pain so they increased his Fentanyl Patch and put him on a Sancuso patch for vomitting.   Saturday was a rough day, he vomitted all day so he didn't eat, but yesterday he was able to eat. 

He has his first dose of Yervoy on 4/21.  His scans showed that he had a new spot in the liver that measured 2.2 cm and a sub-cutaneous spot in his shoulder along with all the other mets he has.  I'm now back to using two 6"x6" bandages on his leg tumor.  It bleeds all the time so I'm constantly having to change the bandages.  Thank god we have hospice care to cover the cost of the bandages.

He taped a video message last night for his Facebook Group.  Here is a link to it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ORgeeQRh_4

Thank you for asking about him.  We pray that this treatment will be the one. 

JillNEric in OH

Lori C
                    Participant

I know someone personally for whom "Yervoy" was an absolute miracle.  May Eric have the same results.  You will both be in my prayers. 

Lori

Lori C
                      Participant

I know someone personally for whom "Yervoy" was an absolute miracle.  May Eric have the same results.  You will both be in my prayers. 

Lori

premedy
                        Participant

Jill,

You amaze me more with each post.  You probably don't realize it but you are a really important part of this website.  You guys  set a shining example for caregivers and patients to follow in the toughest of times.  You face obstacles head on and move foward with unbelievable resiliency.    Thinking about you guys.  

-pat

p.s. I have seen and heard of many great responses to ipi!

premedy
                          Participant

Jill,

You amaze me more with each post.  You probably don't realize it but you are a really important part of this website.  You guys  set a shining example for caregivers and patients to follow in the toughest of times.  You face obstacles head on and move foward with unbelievable resiliency.    Thinking about you guys.  

-pat

p.s. I have seen and heard of many great responses to ipi!

EricNJill
                          Participant

Hello,

I'm sorry I haven't been on here much so I didn't see this post.  Eric is doing ok.  He has been in a lot of pain so they increased his Fentanyl Patch and put him on a Sancuso patch for vomitting.   Saturday was a rough day, he vomitted all day so he didn't eat, but yesterday he was able to eat. 

He has his first dose of Yervoy on 4/21.  His scans showed that he had a new spot in the liver that measured 2.2 cm and a sub-cutaneous spot in his shoulder along with all the other mets he has.  I'm now back to using two 6"x6" bandages on his leg tumor.  It bleeds all the time so I'm constantly having to change the bandages.  Thank god we have hospice care to cover the cost of the bandages.

He taped a video message last night for his Facebook Group.  Here is a link to it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ORgeeQRh_4

Thank you for asking about him.  We pray that this treatment will be the one. 

JillNEric in OH

Viewing 5 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics