The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

enlarged LN in the supraclavicular

Forums General Melanoma Community enlarged LN in the supraclavicular

Participant

My Sweet Husband was diagnosed with MM –regressed scalp and appeared in left neckLymph nodes.  This all happened in May of 2006.  He has had neck resection, high dose radiation and 5 months of interferon.  His liver would no longer tolerate these meds, so he was removed from that treatment in April of 2007.    All scans and dermitologist biopsies have been clear. 

My Sweet Husband was diagnosed with MM –regressed scalp and appeared in left neckLymph nodes.  This all happened in May of 2006.  He has had neck resection, high dose radiation and 5 months of interferon.  His liver would no longer tolerate these meds, so he was removed from that treatment in April of 2007.    All scans and dermitologist biopsies have been clear. 

Last week he had a CT scan….fairly routine…..and it has been returned with lymphadenopathy in the supraclavlcular, subpleural nodularity in both lung bases, enlarged left thyroid lobe and multiple enlarged nodes on the right side neck.

Scheduled for a PET/CT this week.    As you can expect, I am very concerned and have been told that the "supraclavicular" is a very unwanted area of recurrence.  Can anyone tell me if that is true and Why?

Thanks,

JACKS WIFE

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        carol b
        Participant

I had 6 tumors in my superclavical and i did 28 bags of IL2 and they disappeared and haven't returned..but i am still doing the IL2 also. I pray he finds a treatment he can tolerate and make his disappear also.. Praying for you both,,

Carol b

carol b
          Participant

I had 6 tumors in my superclavical and i did 28 bags of IL2 and they disappeared and haven't returned..but i am still doing the IL2 also. I pray he finds a treatment he can tolerate and make his disappear also.. Praying for you both,,

Carol b

shellebrownies
            Participant

Apparently because the supraclavicular lymph area, if swollen, has a high occurence of  cancer being the cause. Other lymph nodes can have multiple reasons for swelling,but the supraclavicular have only a few.  It's also not the easiest place to remove tumors from. 

I really hope his scans go well. 

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
              Participant

Apparently because the supraclavicular lymph area, if swollen, has a high occurence of  cancer being the cause. Other lymph nodes can have multiple reasons for swelling,but the supraclavicular have only a few.  It's also not the easiest place to remove tumors from. 

I really hope his scans go well. 

Michelle, wife of Don

lhaley
                Participant

Do a search for Lynn luckworth. I believe this is where her mel was. She did radiation, temador and then surgery. Has been NED for well over a year now!  She is also on a trial now for resected disease.

Linda

LynnLuc
                    Participant

grrrrr…it's Luckeroth !! LOL and actually mine was in the nastier place called the mediastinal region…where  all the main arteries and vessels for the heart and lung all come together..just below the supraclavicular region…here is a link to show where the exciting places are! And Linda…its been over 15 months ( but whose counting!!??) ME!!

lhaley
                      Participant

sorry about the misspelling but do I get points for knowing that you were the person to refer to? lol  And you do need to be counting!

Linda

LynnLuc
                        Participant

you are so ornery!!

LynnLuc
                          Participant

you are so ornery!!

LynnLuc
                            Participant

hey Linda, my dog had her surgery today…they removed the large mass and then found another lymph node close by. They actually called and asked if we wanted it removed as well….for 150.00 more…go figure! She has a drain, a bunch of stitches and was spaded. They figure if she is spaded less hormones to prevent more breast cancer. She looked so bad…:( Now she has to take pain pills and antibiotics. At least its not melanoma….I'll e mail you a pic of it…its big!

LynnLuc
                              Participant

hey Linda, my dog had her surgery today…they removed the large mass and then found another lymph node close by. They actually called and asked if we wanted it removed as well….for 150.00 more…go figure! She has a drain, a bunch of stitches and was spaded. They figure if she is spaded less hormones to prevent more breast cancer. She looked so bad…:( Now she has to take pain pills and antibiotics. At least its not melanoma….I'll e mail you a pic of it…its big!

lhaley
                                Participant

sorry about the misspelling but do I get points for knowing that you were the person to refer to? lol  And you do need to be counting!

Linda

JACKS WIFE
                                  Participant

thanks for the response…………Jack has been NED for almost 5 years and when we got the CT back with "suspicious nodes", I have really been concerned.

Will let you all know the outcome of the PET/CT scan that is being done tomorrow—but probably won't get the results until 7/5 after the July 4 holiday…………who told those Doctors they could have the day off anyway????

JACKS WIFE
                                    Participant

thanks for the response…………Jack has been NED for almost 5 years and when we got the CT back with "suspicious nodes", I have really been concerned.

Will let you all know the outcome of the PET/CT scan that is being done tomorrow—but probably won't get the results until 7/5 after the July 4 holiday…………who told those Doctors they could have the day off anyway????

LynnLuc
                                      Participant

grrrrr…it's Luckeroth !! LOL and actually mine was in the nastier place called the mediastinal region…where  all the main arteries and vessels for the heart and lung all come together..just below the supraclavicular region…here is a link to show where the exciting places are! And Linda…its been over 15 months ( but whose counting!!??) ME!!

lhaley
                                      Participant

Do a search for Lynn luckworth. I believe this is where her mel was. She did radiation, temador and then surgery. Has been NED for well over a year now!  She is also on a trial now for resected disease.

Linda

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics