The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Endogenous T-Cell Therapy

Forums General Melanoma Community Endogenous T-Cell Therapy

• Replies
      ed williams
      Participant

Thanks Brian, good read, did you do 'Endogenous T- cell treatment where they filter the t-cells out of the blood? If so, did the Ipi treatment that you talked about in earlier post come at the same dose level that one would get as a monotherapy or in combination with Nivo? I clicked on some of the link including the one to 'Immatics" the company that they have formed to develop Adoptive cellular therapies that is half owned by MD Anderson. The dr. that is part of the development is Dr. Patrick Hwu who studied many years ago under Dr. Rosenberg at the NIH, who is kind of the Godfather of ACT. Thanks again for the interesting post!!!Best Wishes!!!Ed

BrianP
          Participant

Ed,

Here's the clinicaltrials.gov link to my trial:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02027935?term=autologous&cond=Melanoma+Stage+IV&cntry=US&state=US%3ATX&rank=5

Yes to your first question.  I did the leukapheresis procedure to filter the t-cells and then went back about 10 weeks later for the infusion.  The dose of Ipi I received was the 3mg per Kg which I think is the standard for mono or combo.  When I called to schedule my first appointment at MDA I had requested Dr. Hwu but was told he wasn't taking new patients due to his new position as department chair.  The trial I did I think was largely attributed to Dr. C. Yee. I believe he started the work when he was in Seatle and brought it with him to MDA.   

ed williams
            Participant

Hi Brian, one last question, on the clinical trial page it talks of using cylophosphamide (cytoxan) before getting t-cell. Did you follow that procedure and how did you feel during that part of the trial? Every so often I come across something new in melanoma and endogenous t-cell therapy seems like a smart new option for those who progress at stage 4. Best Wishes!!!Ed

BrianP
              Participant

The cytoxan for me was a non-event.  As you probably already know the cytoxan was given to bring down my immune system temporarily to make it more receptive to the new and improved T-cells.  If I remember correctly it was about a two hour infusion and I don't remember having any side effects.  Maybe someone here who's done TIL can comment but I think the process in my trial was much less intense than what they do with TIL patients to bring down their immune system  I really think the theory of endogenous T-cell therapy is very promising.  The results aren't off the charts impressive but the potential is definitely there.  I really like the non-evasiveness of it.  

mrsaxde
                Participant

I had Cytoxan for 2 days along with fludarabine over 5 in the TIL trial at NIH. I'm glad it went smoothly for you. From what I had always heard IL-2 was like the ultimate in misery. But I felt worse during the week of chemo than I did during the IL-2.

-Bill

BrianP
                  Participant

I suspected it was a little rougher for the TIL therapy Bill.  I guess for TIL they are bringing your immune system all the way down and for the Endogenous T-Cell they are just dampening it a little.

Viewing 0 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics