The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Emilypen, how were the 4 month scan results??

Forums General Melanoma Community Emilypen, how were the 4 month scan results??

Participant
      I hope everything went well today.
      I’m going tomorrow to sign consent forms to start the trial. How long did it take for the trial to start from the time you signed the forms? I feel new nodes pop up everyday and I feel like the treatment can’t start soon enough.

I am hoping that you got good news this week and I’m hoping for miracle results for me too.
      All the best,
      Linda (I’m from Barrie)

I hope everything went well today.
      I’m going tomorrow to sign consent forms to start the trial. How long did it take for the trial to start from the time you signed the forms? I feel new nodes pop up everyday and I feel like the treatment can’t start soon enough.

I am hoping that you got good news this week and I’m hoping for miracle results for me too.
      All the best,
      Linda (I’m from Barrie)

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        emilypen
        Participant

Hi Linda,

Today went well. We still don't have final measurements as the scans are sent to trial headquarters ( not sure where that is) and the same person there reads them everytime so they are always read the exact same way.

All we know is it's stable, they're going to email me when they have the measurements. I think the holidays slowed everything down. I'll post when i know.

I think it took about a month for him to start on the drugs. There are a whole bunch of baseline tests they do before you can start.

Good luck tomorrow.

Emily

emilypen
          Participant

Hi Linda,

Today went well. We still don't have final measurements as the scans are sent to trial headquarters ( not sure where that is) and the same person there reads them everytime so they are always read the exact same way.

All we know is it's stable, they're going to email me when they have the measurements. I think the holidays slowed everything down. I'll post when i know.

I think it took about a month for him to start on the drugs. There are a whole bunch of baseline tests they do before you can start.

Good luck tomorrow.

Emily

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics