The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

earth quakes, sunamis, radiation oh my the end is near

Forums General Melanoma Community earth quakes, sunamis, radiation oh my the end is near

Participant

Oder is illusion, chaos rules.  Charlie Sheen and JAG are living examples.  Hi to old timers out there!  New Dark Side? Never again. Won't happen. 1.2 percent interest on a CD is fucking obscene. I may have to cut back a little!!!!   Hugs to Joyce. I lost my only sibling a couple years ago. It gets lonely as we reach old age. I no longer worry about mm. Lived long enough already so ride the white whale and to hell with fretting. Live while you can, it goes really quick.

Oder is illusion, chaos rules.  Charlie Sheen and JAG are living examples.  Hi to old timers out there!  New Dark Side? Never again. Won't happen. 1.2 percent interest on a CD is fucking obscene. I may have to cut back a little!!!!   Hugs to Joyce. I lost my only sibling a couple years ago. It gets lonely as we reach old age. I no longer worry about mm. Lived long enough already so ride the white whale and to hell with fretting. Live while you can, it goes really quick.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Odor is an illusion?

Bonnie Lea
            Participant

i guess is odor is only an illusionn poor Mr. Bill must have lost his senses!  don't we all agree we are all glowing in the dark, just due to scans and xrays and things that grow on us in the night

Mr. Bill would love a Darkside, just up his alley of late.  All his travels, and poor man, no working sniffer.

Bonnie Lea
              Participant

P.S.  maybe he is going to Pahrumph NV to be rapturized.  The rest of us, will just sit and wait our turn. 

Bonnie Lea
                Participant

P.S.  maybe he is going to Pahrumph NV to be rapturized.  The rest of us, will just sit and wait our turn. 

Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

i guess is odor is only an illusionn poor Mr. Bill must have lost his senses!  don't we all agree we are all glowing in the dark, just due to scans and xrays and things that grow on us in the night

Mr. Bill would love a Darkside, just up his alley of late.  All his travels, and poor man, no working sniffer.

jag
                  Participant

Odor is an illusion?

BillMFl
                    Participant

ORDER  I MEANT ORDER      But perhaps I BOTH smell and spell bad.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Bonnie Lea
                        Participant

well I occasionally say things in a way that irritates and angers some folks, but I only know its the shunt not shunting or maybe shunting too fast?  Or squirting my liver making it grow? who knows, but I dont smell or spell either.  I live next door almost to a nuke plant,  in fact DH  works across a waterway…we always calculate how fast.   him first, me next, the rest of the world follows.  No rapturizing here. 

And as you can read in other post, I just had a shower trying to shower my mom.  so I is clean!!! and don't smell no spells either.   about 4 hours from here, the other day we had a teeeeeeeny earthquake too! Sister in Law is still safe in Japan thus far.

carry one travelling Mr. Bill

Bonnie Lea
                          Participant

well I occasionally say things in a way that irritates and angers some folks, but I only know its the shunt not shunting or maybe shunting too fast?  Or squirting my liver making it grow? who knows, but I dont smell or spell either.  I live next door almost to a nuke plant,  in fact DH  works across a waterway…we always calculate how fast.   him first, me next, the rest of the world follows.  No rapturizing here. 

And as you can read in other post, I just had a shower trying to shower my mom.  so I is clean!!! and don't smell no spells either.   about 4 hours from here, the other day we had a teeeeeeeny earthquake too! Sister in Law is still safe in Japan thus far.

carry one travelling Mr. Bill

TinaR
                            Participant

Now now, Bonnie. I've seen you post perfectly lucid, multi-paragraph entries when you want to. Don't go blaming your shunt or your organs( !!!)  for your unusual phrasing. Really, some people will use any excuse …but their liver? Honestly indecision

Bonnie Lea
                              Participant

well LUCIE  'splain me this.  sending me for CT scan to find out if the shunt distal tube has gone on a walkabout somewhere deeeeeeeeep in the abyss I call my tummy.  Find out (my thoughts) that CSF cerebal spinal fluid is fattening to livers or not?  well it is suppose to keep our brains from bouncing too hard, and it is full of goodies, perhaps it is loaded with calories too!  maybe that is why the end of the tube cannot be felt through the gargantuan belly (truely looks huge when nothing sits up higher to sort of balance out the issue) haha

also I feel like maybe the real elmer fudd is hunting for an illusive hernia, that they tell me could be called a inscisional (something like that) hernia before they operate to fix some muscle or something.

SOOOO CT scan + overwatering of liver or spleen, or what ever else could be under there. hmmmmm  I shall ask them to watch for any strange blobs dancing  on what ever organs are found.

New drugs are weird.  I am tired  up down up down (helping and doing for my mom) there are 24 steps from my room to her apartment all down hill,  then ya know what?  uphill after that.  whew. 

heartBonnie Lea

TinaR
                                Participant

Hmmm, besides the fact I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on an off-topic message board…l do know you were an "unusual phraser" long before your organs or extras took their convoluted path to wherever or whatever ๐Ÿ™‚  But if you want to attribute your cat washing to your liver- who am I to stop you! Have at it – I'm just not sure it's all that entertaining or usual for a cat.   Enjoy ! ( poor cat )

Bonnie Lea
                                  Participant

Oh Rox, I know, I know, what's a girl to do?  Cat washing took place when you were off the internet. Chloe Cat to be sure. I had researched how to wash a cat, and garners some info.  Bought some kitty shamoo too!  (had been removing ceramic tile floors and the CATS were getting all white.  (not that white is so bad, but when one is black, I got confused)  So she black kitty named ArCEE went to visit her nephew and his person mom (who turned out to be DD and her living in sin my perspective SIL.

Chloe our Bunny kitty, old and arthritic like me, without all her senses about her….trusted DD and I to bathe the cement dust out of her BUNNY fur.

Now we have LOUD LOW FLYING AIRPLANES circleing around our little bit leaking Nuke Plant  OH MY GOODNESS along with upcoming CT injections, and drinks, all aaround…I shall be visible to one and all.   eeeeeek

Black cat…no bath….she chomps me too much, and for some reason my shunt tells all my organs what to do or not to do. If catty fangs dive into my arm in play,  whoooosh goes my equaliberian and I spout red stuff.  So the CTS that they wanna do to me, will hopefully once and for all tell them that Bonnies Kitties are safe on the outside world, and Tubes are buried deep perhaps dancing the fandango with my lady parts (inside ones there gents)

TinaR
                                    Participant

wha?

Bonnie Lea
                                      Participant

Naw Rox its ok.  Just not dealing with the full deck at the moment.  Too much happening here at the mo and lack of sleep. My cat washed up very nicely.  She is a gentle one.   The other one (black one) was sent to stay for that weekend with my DD and her group of sinning son in law to be.  and DD black kitty named Sir Henry VIII.

CT (aka Cat scan) will keep tabs on my LIVER washing mechanics cos I swear the tube is squirting brain fluid and helping my belly grow to extraordinary proportions. 

TinaR
                                        Participant

It's okay, Bonnie. The MRF posts are delievered to my e-mail and go directly into a folder. When I get around to reading – I just skim. I thought your last post was about a bunny! This new function is convenient -but I  am rarely inspired to visit the boards.  Without the e-mail function I wouldn't keep up with people I care about even the little bit I do interact ๐Ÿ™   Good and bad.I miss everyone.   Real life is overwhelming for me, right now-I know it is for a lot of the old posters and it's difficult  to keep everything going. The sadness of the board ( any cancer site), without the balance of the Mpip social sides makes it too difficult to continue consistently or enthusiastically. You have to buffer,somehow, and that option isn't available any longer.  Take care, Bonnie and know that people ARE thinking about the connections made here even if they don't visit as often or at all ( well, SOME people are thinking about others-ha!)

Bonnie Lea
                                          Participant

Unfort Rox, I will be one of the few that will miss this place totally.  I don't have issues to deal with on the main board, but the love and respect I have learned and those whom I have 'met' I will miss the most.  It was so easier when a posting could and was addressed to everyone.  Now some are on FB some on private e-mail, the rest I get touche by via this OFF TOPIC board.  maybe those that have really left, are just not needing the strength we each gain from each other in a patient way.  Or in a caregiver type way.  I dunno.

I am sad though.

I would have gone totally insane if it were not for many of you guys here  at the beginning and through all the messes that have happened to me.  in my life.

ah well.  My real life to some minor compared to others extent is overwhelming me as well, but I do tend to look forward to some NORMAL talk, even though we are all cancer guys and guyetts.  have an occupational therapist coming over to assess my home, since my mothers second fall, last wed.  I am tired. 

ta for now

Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                                            Participant

Unfort Rox, I will be one of the few that will miss this place totally.  I don't have issues to deal with on the main board, but the love and respect I have learned and those whom I have 'met' I will miss the most.  It was so easier when a posting could and was addressed to everyone.  Now some are on FB some on private e-mail, the rest I get touche by via this OFF TOPIC board.  maybe those that have really left, are just not needing the strength we each gain from each other in a patient way.  Or in a caregiver type way.  I dunno.

I am sad though.

I would have gone totally insane if it were not for many of you guys here  at the beginning and through all the messes that have happened to me.  in my life.

ah well.  My real life to some minor compared to others extent is overwhelming me as well, but I do tend to look forward to some NORMAL talk, even though we are all cancer guys and guyetts.  have an occupational therapist coming over to assess my home, since my mothers second fall, last wed.  I am tired. 

ta for now

Bonnie Lea

TinaR
                                              Participant

It's okay, Bonnie. The MRF posts are delievered to my e-mail and go directly into a folder. When I get around to reading – I just skim. I thought your last post was about a bunny! This new function is convenient -but I  am rarely inspired to visit the boards.  Without the e-mail function I wouldn't keep up with people I care about even the little bit I do interact ๐Ÿ™   Good and bad.I miss everyone.   Real life is overwhelming for me, right now-I know it is for a lot of the old posters and it's difficult  to keep everything going. The sadness of the board ( any cancer site), without the balance of the Mpip social sides makes it too difficult to continue consistently or enthusiastically. You have to buffer,somehow, and that option isn't available any longer.  Take care, Bonnie and know that people ARE thinking about the connections made here even if they don't visit as often or at all ( well, SOME people are thinking about others-ha!)

Bonnie Lea
                                                Participant

Naw Rox its ok.  Just not dealing with the full deck at the moment.  Too much happening here at the mo and lack of sleep. My cat washed up very nicely.  She is a gentle one.   The other one (black one) was sent to stay for that weekend with my DD and her group of sinning son in law to be.  and DD black kitty named Sir Henry VIII.

CT (aka Cat scan) will keep tabs on my LIVER washing mechanics cos I swear the tube is squirting brain fluid and helping my belly grow to extraordinary proportions. 

TinaR
                                                  Participant

wha?

Bonnie Lea
                                                    Participant

Oh Rox, I know, I know, what's a girl to do?  Cat washing took place when you were off the internet. Chloe Cat to be sure. I had researched how to wash a cat, and garners some info.  Bought some kitty shamoo too!  (had been removing ceramic tile floors and the CATS were getting all white.  (not that white is so bad, but when one is black, I got confused)  So she black kitty named ArCEE went to visit her nephew and his person mom (who turned out to be DD and her living in sin my perspective SIL.

Chloe our Bunny kitty, old and arthritic like me, without all her senses about her….trusted DD and I to bathe the cement dust out of her BUNNY fur.

Now we have LOUD LOW FLYING AIRPLANES circleing around our little bit leaking Nuke Plant  OH MY GOODNESS along with upcoming CT injections, and drinks, all aaround…I shall be visible to one and all.   eeeeeek

Black cat…no bath….she chomps me too much, and for some reason my shunt tells all my organs what to do or not to do. If catty fangs dive into my arm in play,  whoooosh goes my equaliberian and I spout red stuff.  So the CTS that they wanna do to me, will hopefully once and for all tell them that Bonnies Kitties are safe on the outside world, and Tubes are buried deep perhaps dancing the fandango with my lady parts (inside ones there gents)

TinaR
                                                      Participant

Hmmm, besides the fact I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on an off-topic message board…l do know you were an "unusual phraser" long before your organs or extras took their convoluted path to wherever or whatever ๐Ÿ™‚  But if you want to attribute your cat washing to your liver- who am I to stop you! Have at it – I'm just not sure it's all that entertaining or usual for a cat.   Enjoy ! ( poor cat )

Bonnie Lea
                                                        Participant

well LUCIE  'splain me this.  sending me for CT scan to find out if the shunt distal tube has gone on a walkabout somewhere deeeeeeeeep in the abyss I call my tummy.  Find out (my thoughts) that CSF cerebal spinal fluid is fattening to livers or not?  well it is suppose to keep our brains from bouncing too hard, and it is full of goodies, perhaps it is loaded with calories too!  maybe that is why the end of the tube cannot be felt through the gargantuan belly (truely looks huge when nothing sits up higher to sort of balance out the issue) haha

also I feel like maybe the real elmer fudd is hunting for an illusive hernia, that they tell me could be called a inscisional (something like that) hernia before they operate to fix some muscle or something.

SOOOO CT scan + overwatering of liver or spleen, or what ever else could be under there. hmmmmm  I shall ask them to watch for any strange blobs dancing  on what ever organs are found.

New drugs are weird.  I am tired  up down up down (helping and doing for my mom) there are 24 steps from my room to her apartment all down hill,  then ya know what?  uphill after that.  whew. 

heartBonnie Lea

TinaR
                                                          Participant

Now now, Bonnie. I've seen you post perfectly lucid, multi-paragraph entries when you want to. Don't go blaming your shunt or your organs( !!!)  for your unusual phrasing. Really, some people will use any excuse …but their liver? Honestly indecision

BillMFl
                                                          Participant

ORDER  I MEANT ORDER      But perhaps I BOTH smell and spell bad.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Jocelyn
                                                            Participant

Thanks, Bill. It sucks without him around. No other way I would be here if life didn't suck right now.

I know you meant to write "odor." Unconscious response to BG callout. Go talk to her; she wants to come see you!

BillMFl
                                                                Participant

Odor and BG. One and the same eh

BillMFl
                                                                  Participant

Odor and BG. One and the same eh

Jocelyn
                                                                  Participant

Thanks, Bill. It sucks without him around. No other way I would be here if life didn't suck right now.

I know you meant to write "odor." Unconscious response to BG callout. Go talk to her; she wants to come see you!

CKasper
                                                                    Participant

I remember the "Darkside" that was fun!  I haven't been on this page since 2008….so everything is so new.  What happened in Japan is horrible.  I lived there for almost 4 years in the 1980s and they always talked about the big one and back then they were preparing for the big one by tearing down old buildings and building new ones that swayed, they took a serious effort to try to thwart the destruction of a huge earthquake and they might have done it, except for the Tsunami.  That was the destructor.

As far a radiation worries here in the US.  The scans we undergo give us quite a bit of radiation, and after 6 years, I can truthfully say as a woman I no longer grow hair on my legs under arms and other places….so I'm not worried about a few particles in the air

You probably get more exposure by going through airport security. 

Think positive!  I think the Japanes have shown the world how unbelieveale they can be by sticking together and helping one another.  If that catastrophic event had happened here in the States there would be looting, a run on food and water and people trying to kill each other.  I give 10 Stars to the Japanese and I know as difficult as it is right now….they will rise again

C

Bonnie Lea
                                                                        Participant

I did not know that about hair growth (lack there-of)  thought I was just old and decrepit.  Scans  those rascally things.  I am set for another CT scan next week.  I am sure I glow in the dark, and I live beside a nuke plant.

Bonnie Lea
                                                                          Participant

I did not know that about hair growth (lack there-of)  thought I was just old and decrepit.  Scans  those rascally things.  I am set for another CT scan next week.  I am sure I glow in the dark, and I live beside a nuke plant.

CKasper
                                                                          Participant

I remember the "Darkside" that was fun!  I haven't been on this page since 2008….so everything is so new.  What happened in Japan is horrible.  I lived there for almost 4 years in the 1980s and they always talked about the big one and back then they were preparing for the big one by tearing down old buildings and building new ones that swayed, they took a serious effort to try to thwart the destruction of a huge earthquake and they might have done it, except for the Tsunami.  That was the destructor.

As far a radiation worries here in the US.  The scans we undergo give us quite a bit of radiation, and after 6 years, I can truthfully say as a woman I no longer grow hair on my legs under arms and other places….so I'm not worried about a few particles in the air

You probably get more exposure by going through airport security. 

Think positive!  I think the Japanes have shown the world how unbelieveale they can be by sticking together and helping one another.  If that catastrophic event had happened here in the States there would be looting, a run on food and water and people trying to kill each other.  I give 10 Stars to the Japanese and I know as difficult as it is right now….they will rise again

C

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics