The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ear Issues

Forums General Melanoma Community Ear Issues

Participant

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their ears.  My right ear won't pop and there's like a fuzz.  I have been congested and don't know why.  When I blow my nose there are spots of blood.  Nothing major just a couple of specs.  I have a call in with my doctor but still waiting to hear.  There is no pain, just annoying and some ringing,  It's been almost 2 months since my last brain procedure which was gamma knife on 16 mets.  I'm also taking mek/braf combo and finished Ipi about a month ago.  

Thanks for your help

Denise

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Phil S
        Participant

Denise,  I would go to a ENT doctor, and have them do a thorough ear exam.  My husband had problems after brain radiation and we were treated by an ENT, as brain radiation, particularly WBR, creates wax build up in the ear.  I think my husband was " cleaned out " by the ear doctor on three occasions after his brain radiation, now he is doing well.  Just my thoughts, we were really surprised there was an easy fix.  Hope that helps, all the best!  Valerie (Phil's wife)

DeniseK
            Participant

That's a good idea, I will have my doctor refer me.  He called and said it probably doesn't have anything to do with my melanoma, maybe an ear infection or sinus infection.

Thanks

Denise

DeniseK
              Participant

That's a good idea, I will have my doctor refer me.  He called and said it probably doesn't have anything to do with my melanoma, maybe an ear infection or sinus infection.

Thanks

Denise

DeniseK
                Participant

Thanks

Denise

Phil S
                Participant

Denise,  I would go to a ENT doctor, and have them do a thorough ear exam.  My husband had problems after brain radiation and we were treated by an ENT, as brain radiation, particularly WBR, creates wax build up in the ear.  I think my husband was " cleaned out " by the ear doctor on three occasions after his brain radiation, now he is doing well.  Just my thoughts, we were really surprised there was an easy fix.  Hope that helps, all the best!  Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
                  Participant

Tina D
                    Participant

Have had pretty good ringing at times, but not the other things you mention. I think the idea of ENT appt is a good one. How are you feeling otherwise? Been wondering how treatment is going for you lately.

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

Have had pretty good ringing at times, but not the other things you mention. I think the idea of ENT appt is a good one. How are you feeling otherwise? Been wondering how treatment is going for you lately.

Tina

Tina D
                        Participant

Tina

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics