The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Drs Visit

Forums General Melanoma Community Drs Visit

Participant
      I dont know how but Lynn ldh went down to 900 was 1300. The dr will not be doing the sixth gamma knife. Lynn is to weak. He starts Temador tomo but they gave us only a 15 to 20 percent chance in it working. Theres just nothing else for us to try. Lynn is a fighter and was willing to try this.

Lynn got saved a long time ago and hes says he knows hes going to heaven. I think hes ready but not ready he prayed today and asked God to heal him hes asked God to please take him home if he wasnt going to heal him. Ive never seen one man have so many people pulling for him. They recently had a bike run for him over 100 motorcycles and riders showed up. Ive seen people pray that I would have never thought could pray.

Thank all of you for responding when i just needed comforting words. I pray God continues to comfort snd heal each of you and I pray all these new drugs make it in time to save you all.

Lynn survived 5 gamma knife surgeries for 32 brain mets, ipi was a breeze no problems, zelobraf for 8 month and abaraxene and know on to temador. DONT EVER GIVE UP OR GIVE IN. FIGHT ON MY DEAR FAMILY

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Swanee
        Participant

Sending positive thoughts for strength and healing to you and Lynn.  I am so sorry that you are walking this path right now as so many have done before you…STAY STRONG BELVA!!  You have given so much and I wish I was there to hug you and tell you how many of us on MPIP know your story and think of you daily even though we post very little, some have never posted but know your journey well.  Please know that myself and so many others here tonight are thinking of you and Lynn and sending thoughts and prayers of healing, strength, rest and peace to you both.  

Take care,

Swanee

Swanee
          Participant

Sending positive thoughts for strength and healing to you and Lynn.  I am so sorry that you are walking this path right now as so many have done before you…STAY STRONG BELVA!!  You have given so much and I wish I was there to hug you and tell you how many of us on MPIP know your story and think of you daily even though we post very little, some have never posted but know your journey well.  Please know that myself and so many others here tonight are thinking of you and Lynn and sending thoughts and prayers of healing, strength, rest and peace to you both.  

Take care,

Swanee

Swanee
            Participant

Take care,

Swanee

POW
              Participant

I so respect Lynn for still being willing to fight the melanoma but, at the same time, accepting that God may have another plan in mind. I will try to follow Lynn's lead. I will pray that Lynn is one of the 20% who respond to the Temodar. But I will also pray that, if Lynn does not respond, that he is at peace with that. Belva, you have been an outstanding caregiver and support for Lynn. No man could ask for more. I am praying for you, too, that you have both strength and peace during this difficult time.   

POW
                Participant

I so respect Lynn for still being willing to fight the melanoma but, at the same time, accepting that God may have another plan in mind. I will try to follow Lynn's lead. I will pray that Lynn is one of the 20% who respond to the Temodar. But I will also pray that, if Lynn does not respond, that he is at peace with that. Belva, you have been an outstanding caregiver and support for Lynn. No man could ask for more. I am praying for you, too, that you have both strength and peace during this difficult time.   

POW
                  Participant

BrianP
                    Participant

Belva,

I have tears in my eyes as I read your post.  POW said it much better than I could so I'll ditto what she said.  You'll be in my prayers.

Brian

BrianP
                      Participant

Belva,

I have tears in my eyes as I read your post.  POW said it much better than I could so I'll ditto what she said.  You'll be in my prayers.

Brian

BrianP
                        Participant

Belva,

Brian

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics