The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dr Charles Cowey Dallas Tx

Forums General Melanoma Community Dr Charles Cowey Dallas Tx

Participant

Just wondering if anyone on here as used Dr Cowey. I am currently seeing someone at MD Anderson but would like to have a good Melanoma oncologist closer to home. I can see were MD is going to be great for trails or even opinion for plan of treatment but with 2 small children being close to home is my goal. 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        cf91
        Participant

I've been seeing Dr. Cowey for about 8 mos now.  He's very good and I'm glad that I was referred to him.  He has me in a clinical trial right now.  I would definately reccommend him.  Good luck!

cf91
          Participant

I've been seeing Dr. Cowey for about 8 mos now.  He's very good and I'm glad that I was referred to him.  He has me in a clinical trial right now.  I would definately reccommend him.  Good luck!

iskitwo
              Participant

Thanks for your reply. What stage are you if you don't mind me asking? I was diagnosis Oct/2016 at  stage 3A and now looking at a possible recurrence. I will be going for more test this week.

iskitwo
                Participant

Thanks for your reply. What stage are you if you don't mind me asking? I was diagnosis Oct/2016 at  stage 3A and now looking at a possible recurrence. I will be going for more test this week.

iskitwo
                  Participant

cf91
                    Participant

I'm stage 4.  Diagnosed in 2014. Primary unknown.  This makes my 6th different treatmet  as all others have failed or I've only gotten partial  response.   It has been a long hard road, but we can't stop fighting.  I should be going back next week to start  the clinical trial.  I wish the very best for you!

cf91
                      Participant

I'm stage 4.  Diagnosed in 2014. Primary unknown.  This makes my 6th different treatmet  as all others have failed or I've only gotten partial  response.   It has been a long hard road, but we can't stop fighting.  I should be going back next week to start  the clinical trial.  I wish the very best for you!

cf91
                        Participant

iskitwo
                          Participant

Praying this is trial is your answer. Good luck!!

iskitwo
                            Participant

iskitwo
                              Participant

cf91
                              Participant

dentholla
                                Participant

Hi, my husband has been a patient of Dr. Cowey's since 2014.  He was part of a clinical trial and he completed it last summer and is stage 3b.  The folks at Texas Oncology have been very helpful on our journey and I feel we are getting excellent care.  Good luck to you!

dentholla
                                  Participant

Hi, my husband has been a patient of Dr. Cowey's since 2014.  He was part of a clinical trial and he completed it last summer and is stage 3b.  The folks at Texas Oncology have been very helpful on our journey and I feel we are getting excellent care.  Good luck to you!

iskitwo
                                      Participant

Thank you for your responce! 

iskitwo
                                        Participant

iskitwo
                                          Participant

dentholla
                                          Participant

mjanssentx
                                            Participant

Iskitwo – been working with Dr. Cowey for the past 2+ years as a Stage 3A.  I would highly recommend him for the North Texas area.  His primary practice is melanoma and support staff are very helpful.  He is knowledgeable about the latest treatment options and participates in (and is open to) many different treatment options.

I have my next PET scan on Monday and see him on Tuesday….and really hoping to stay a 3A.

Best wishes.

Michel

mjanssentx
                                              Participant

Iskitwo – been working with Dr. Cowey for the past 2+ years as a Stage 3A.  I would highly recommend him for the North Texas area.  His primary practice is melanoma and support staff are very helpful.  He is knowledgeable about the latest treatment options and participates in (and is open to) many different treatment options.

I have my next PET scan on Monday and see him on Tuesday….and really hoping to stay a 3A.

Best wishes.

Michel

mjanssentx
                                                Participant

Best wishes.

Michel

dmturner
                                                  Participant

I started seeing Dr. Cowey in December 2016.  I was seeing Dr. Mennell  (consulting with Dr. Cowey) but when I became stage 4, saw him and stayed with him with Dr. Mennell recommendation.  I just did my 2nd infusion of Opdivo/Yervoy.  I did 3-10 mg of Yervoy from July to Aug 28th and had a reoccurence close to the primary.

Good Luck!!

dmturner
                                                    Participant

I started seeing Dr. Cowey in December 2016.  I was seeing Dr. Mennell  (consulting with Dr. Cowey) but when I became stage 4, saw him and stayed with him with Dr. Mennell recommendation.  I just did my 2nd infusion of Opdivo/Yervoy.  I did 3-10 mg of Yervoy from July to Aug 28th and had a reoccurence close to the primary.

Good Luck!!

dmturner
                                                      Participant

Good Luck!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics