The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Done…and optimism for the new year

Forums General Melanoma Community Done…and optimism for the new year

Participant

Warriors – last night was my final shot of Interferon after nearly 150 total shots for the year.  Not looking to debate the efficacy of Interferon again but rather feeling good about making goals.  Last year Interferon, was the only real option for 3A patients and I was determined to get through the year.  And while we will never know for sure if Interferon helped keep me NED for the full 13 months since being diagnosed…but for me it was better than doing nothing.

So looking back over the past year, so much has changed with melanoma patients having so many more treatment options to help us in this fight.  We took great delight in watching Jimmy Carter keep going at 91…but then we all had to take a reality check watching Artie not make it to the Star Wars release tonight.

Best of luck to making your personal goals in 2016…Michel

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        dentholla
        Participant

Congrats!  There is a bell at Baylor Oncology that patients can ring when they finish their treatment.  My husband is looking forward to next June when it's finally his turn.  ๐Ÿ™‚

It's a day to celebrate for sure.

Best wishes to you!

Kristi

dentholla
          Participant

Congrats!  There is a bell at Baylor Oncology that patients can ring when they finish their treatment.  My husband is looking forward to next June when it's finally his turn.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Best wishes to you!

Kristi

dentholla
            Participant

Best wishes to you!

Kristi

jenny22
              Participant

Congratulations on one major milestone being behind you!

May your NED continue forever!

Happy holidays!

best,

jenny

jenny22
                Participant

Happy holidays!

best,

jenny

jenny22
                  Participant

Happy holidays!

best,

jenny

Lil0909
                    Participant
                      Congratulations!
                      Lil0909
                      Participant
                        Congratulations!
                        Lil0909
                        Participant
                          Congratulations!
                          Becky
                          Participant

I remember when my son got done with his year of interferon…such a relief!

We will also never know if it helped him, but he is almost 6 years NED so that is all that matters!

congrats to you!

Becky
                            Participant

We will also never know if it helped him, but he is almost 6 years NED so that is all that matters!

congrats to you!

Becky
                              Participant

congrats to you!

nc1983
                                Participant

Congrats!!! What a relief it must be.

nc1983
                                  Participant

nc1983
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics