The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

doing ipi again and have a question

Forums General Melanoma Community doing ipi again and have a question

Participant
      Today was my 24 week scan from ipi. Keep in mind, they were fabulous with 50 percent shrinkage and some even disappeared. Now at 24 weeks, they’ve all marginally grown and even my dr. seems confused. My lymphocytes were high during the ipi and then the day I got my 16 week scan and results, the lymphocytes went down to 0.53. Today, they are back to 1900 which my dr. feels a reintroduction of ipi would be the best idea.

I know if you’re a responder to ipi, you have a good chance of it working again. Has anyone experienced this? does anyone know why something would be so great and then all of a sudden stop suddenly.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        WendyPam
        Participant

Hi Lisa,

My Mom is in the same situation as you. We just had PET/CT scans on 1/16 that's 6 months post Yervoy. I am not sure how you figure what week these scan are considered. We responded up until know. She did have some shrink and now some growth. Her  2 tumors are in the gastric area with 2 new spots on her spleen. We just saw the Dr yesterday and we see him again on Tuesday to go over what we will be doing.  He is saying a reinduction of Yervoy too. This is how our conversation went:

He told us that a reinduction can give her a 40%  better respose rate. I think that is great!

I asked if the Yervoy is still working and he said yes because if not she would have many more tumors.

He is going to the Anti-pl1L hopefully starting in March, but I think he told me May

I told him that I keep reading that people are saying to do Anti-pd1 first and save the Yervoy reinduction – he doesn't agree

I asked for surgery and he said he needs to look over the scans before deciding

I ask how many reinduction of Yervoy have you seen done on a patient. He said 3 and never any more then that

I think I am in agreement with the Yervoy reinduction and if needed we'll have the anti-pd1L. My Mom is braf and c-kit negative with mucosal melanoma.  I will let you know what we decide come Tuesday. I wish you the best and have been following your post.

Wendy

WendyPam
          Participant

Hi Lisa,

My Mom is in the same situation as you. We just had PET/CT scans on 1/16 that's 6 months post Yervoy. I am not sure how you figure what week these scan are considered. We responded up until know. She did have some shrink and now some growth. Her  2 tumors are in the gastric area with 2 new spots on her spleen. We just saw the Dr yesterday and we see him again on Tuesday to go over what we will be doing.  He is saying a reinduction of Yervoy too. This is how our conversation went:

He told us that a reinduction can give her a 40%  better respose rate. I think that is great!

I asked if the Yervoy is still working and he said yes because if not she would have many more tumors.

He is going to the Anti-pl1L hopefully starting in March, but I think he told me May

I told him that I keep reading that people are saying to do Anti-pd1 first and save the Yervoy reinduction – he doesn't agree

I ask how many reinduction of Yervoy have you seen done on a patient. He said 3 and never any more then that

I think I am in agreement with the Yervoy reinduction and if needed we'll have the anti-pd1L. My Mom is braf and c-kit negative with mucosal melanoma.  I will let you know what we decide come Tuesday. I wish you the best and have been following your post.

Wendy

WendyPam
            Participant

Hi Lisa,

Wendy

momof2kids
              Participant

Hey Lisa, sorry I haven't been on here much either. Can you email me at:

[email protected]

I'll check it the next few days, then give you my regular email address!  Easier to talk that way as I still can't contact you thru the board here without posting!

Thanks.

momof2kids
                Participant

[email protected]

I'll check it the next few days, then give you my regular email address!  Easier to talk that way as I still can't contact you thru the board here without posting!

Thanks.

momof2kids
                  Participant

[email protected]

Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics