The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Doing interferon…

Forums General Melanoma Community Doing interferon…

Participant

I'll be doing the interferon treatment fora year, 5 times a week for the first month and 2-3 times a week for the rest of the 11 months. I'm scared for the side effects. I'm trying to figure out ways to keep megoing when it's hard and stay focused and I thought being in contact with people that have done interferon or doing it right now may help. So if any has done or is doing interferon, I would love to talk you and keep in contact. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

The side effects of interferon are variable – some people have a hard time and others  sail through smiling and tap dancing :).  If you find the side effects are too difficult for you at this time and place you can always – in consultation with your oncologist – stop the treatments.  Drink plenty of water, keep positive, surround yourself with supportive people and don't second guess yourself.  Good luck and please let us know how things are going,     -Fen

Fen
          Participant

The side effects of interferon are variable – some people have a hard time and others  sail through smiling and tap dancing :).  If you find the side effects are too difficult for you at this time and place you can always – in consultation with your oncologist – stop the treatments.  Drink plenty of water, keep positive, surround yourself with supportive people and don't second guess yourself.  Good luck and please let us know how things are going,     -Fen

Fen
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics