The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Does this look like Nodular Melanoma?

Forums General Melanoma Community Does this look like Nodular Melanoma?

• Replies
      Jennab0525
      Participant

To me (in my non-medically trained opinion) it doesn't look like Nodular melanoma. I had Nodular melanoma and mine looked nothing like that however if you are concerned about it and it is bothering you, you need to see a dermatologist. 

The most important thing to watch for with any mole is CHANGE! If it changes in any way, you need to be seen. My Nodular melanoma rapidly grew over the course of 6 months, that's how I knew something was wrong.

i don't think anyone on here is going to be able to tell you if it is or isn't melanoma for certain.

Jenna

Jennab0525
        Participant

To me (in my non-medically trained opinion) it doesn't look like Nodular melanoma. I had Nodular melanoma and mine looked nothing like that however if you are concerned about it and it is bothering you, you need to see a dermatologist. 

The most important thing to watch for with any mole is CHANGE! If it changes in any way, you need to be seen. My Nodular melanoma rapidly grew over the course of 6 months, that's how I knew something was wrong.

i don't think anyone on here is going to be able to tell you if it is or isn't melanoma for certain.

Jenna

Jennab0525
          Participant

Jenna

jennunicorn
            Participant

That's a very normal looking mole. Not sure why you think it is melanoma at all. If you're worried, see a dermatologist. Not much anyone here can do for you.

jennunicorn
              Participant

That's a very normal looking mole. Not sure why you think it is melanoma at all. If you're worried, see a dermatologist. Not much anyone here can do for you.

jennunicorn
                Participant

MoiraM
                  Participant

No one can diagnose melanoma from a photo. If you are worried about the mole see a dermatologist.

MoiraM
                    Participant

No one can diagnose melanoma from a photo. If you are worried about the mole see a dermatologist.

MoiraM
                      Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics