The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Does rapid progression indicate poorer prognosis?

Forums General Melanoma Community Does rapid progression indicate poorer prognosis?

Participant

Hi

My husband, Pete, was originally diagnosed with Stage 3 in July 2013 and has had rapid progression since then:  January 2014, November 2014, February 2015.  He now has multiple mets in liver, muscle and bone and starts Ipi next week.  Is there evidence to suggest that he has a poorer prognosis because of the rapid rate of progression of his disease, as opposed to someone who has years between new mets?

Thanks for any information on this.

Yasmin

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

Try to focus on next week and Ipi, it has worked wonders for so many. Wishing you the best. Ed

ed williams
          Participant

Try to focus on next week and Ipi, it has worked wonders for so many. Wishing you the best. Ed

ed williams
            Participant

sstech
              Participant
                Hi
                My original surgery was 5/12 with excision of melanoma to my right jaw and surrounding lymph nodes with f/u radiation. 3 month check up I had multiple Mets to liver, spleen, axillary lymph node, lungs and several bones. Prognosis was 6 months. Since then I have never been NED. I have continued on whatever the latest treatments are and am blessed that so far research has been just one step ahead of me. I personally don’t know if rapid progression matters in the progression of the disease or not. I think it has alot to do with attitude and what God’s purpose is for my life. I have beat 6 months by almost 2 years and 7 months now. Good luck to y’all.
                  yazziemac
                  Participant

Thanks for your replies!

yazziemac
                    Participant

Thanks for your replies!

yazziemac
                      Participant

Thanks for your replies!

sstech
                      Participant
                        Hi
                        My original surgery was 5/12 with excision of melanoma to my right jaw and surrounding lymph nodes with f/u radiation. 3 month check up I had multiple Mets to liver, spleen, axillary lymph node, lungs and several bones. Prognosis was 6 months. Since then I have never been NED. I have continued on whatever the latest treatments are and am blessed that so far research has been just one step ahead of me. I personally don’t know if rapid progression matters in the progression of the disease or not. I think it has alot to do with attitude and what God’s purpose is for my life. I have beat 6 months by almost 2 years and 7 months now. Good luck to y’all.
                        sstech
                        Participant
                          Hi
                      Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics