The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Does it ever end?

Forums General Melanoma Community Does it ever end?

Participant

December 1998 – Melanoma left cheek, Clark’s level IV.  Excised, SNB, all is good.

August 2007 – Myoepithelial carcinoma in left parotid gland.  Partial Parotidectomy, all is good.

October 2009 – Stage IV Melanoma in lung.  IL-2 no response, Zelboraf great response.

December 2010 – Squamous-cell carcinoma.  MOHS excision, all is good.

September 8, 2011 – Found out I now have prostate cancer.

December 1998 – Melanoma left cheek, Clark’s level IV.  Excised, SNB, all is good.

August 2007 – Myoepithelial carcinoma in left parotid gland.  Partial Parotidectomy, all is good.

October 2009 – Stage IV Melanoma in lung.  IL-2 no response, Zelboraf great response.

December 2010 – Squamous-cell carcinoma.  MOHS excision, all is good.

September 8, 2011 – Found out I now have prostate cancer.

The purpose of this post; is anyone aware of a site similar to Melanoma.org but for people with prostate cancer?  Thanks in advance.

Dick

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

Dick,

So sorry, you have really been though a lot!  Try csn.cancer.org  I don't know how active they are but it's worth a try.

Good Luck

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
          Participant

Dick,

So sorry, you have really been though a lot!  Try csn.cancer.org  I don't know how active they are but it's worth a try.

Good Luck

Mary

Stage 3

BethA
            Participant

Your list is pretty long!  But each event ends with "all is good".  That shows you have a good attitude and a strong fight in you.  Soon you will be able to say the same about your new cancer. 

I hope you have found your new cancer very early and the treatment won't be too tough.  I will say a prayer that you will be healthy soon.  I hope you find a good support group too.  Beth 3/B

BethA
              Participant

Your list is pretty long!  But each event ends with "all is good".  That shows you have a good attitude and a strong fight in you.  Soon you will be able to say the same about your new cancer. 

I hope you have found your new cancer very early and the treatment won't be too tough.  I will say a prayer that you will be healthy soon.  I hope you find a good support group too.  Beth 3/B

Fen
                Participant

I'm sorry about your most recent diagnosis, Dick, you have certainly made the rounds.   I asked a friend about support groups and he suggested this one http://www.mdjunction.com/prostate-cancer.   

good luck and keep us posted.

Fen

Laurie from maine
                    Participant

HI Dick,

I am so sorry.  You were so kind in your post to me I just wanted to respond to tell you I am thinking of you – unfortunately I dont know of any website.  Good luck and keep us posted!!

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                      Participant

HI Dick,

I am so sorry.  You were so kind in your post to me I just wanted to respond to tell you I am thinking of you – unfortunately I dont know of any website.  Good luck and keep us posted!!

laurie from maine

Fen
                      Participant

I'm sorry about your most recent diagnosis, Dick, you have certainly made the rounds.   I asked a friend about support groups and he suggested this one http://www.mdjunction.com/prostate-cancer.   

good luck and keep us posted.

Fen

Donna M.
                        Participant

Hi Dick,

I came across the mdjunction site in my search too, but also please try Imerman Angels.  They will match you up with a mentor who is going through the same thing you are.

Hang in there.  Sending good, positive thoughts your way.

Donna M.
                          Participant

Hi Dick,

I came across the mdjunction site in my search too, but also please try Imerman Angels.  They will match you up with a mentor who is going through the same thing you are.

Hang in there.  Sending good, positive thoughts your way.

CKasper
                            Participant

Hi,

I don't know of a site, but it sounds like you have been on one heck of a roller coaster ride.

You might ask the secretary or nurse of the physician that is treating you if there are any groups you can go to or any internet sites regarding prostate cancer.

Good Luck to you and my prayers are with you. 

C Kasper

CKasper
                              Participant

Hi,

I don't know of a site, but it sounds like you have been on one heck of a roller coaster ride.

You might ask the secretary or nurse of the physician that is treating you if there are any groups you can go to or any internet sites regarding prostate cancer.

Good Luck to you and my prayers are with you. 

C Kasper

JerryfromFauq
                                Participant

From what I have learned with melanoma, Prostate cancer patients should look at Proton Radiation Therapy.

http://www2.mdanderson.org/depts/oncolog/articles/04/7-8-julaug/7-8-04-1.html

http://www.protons.com/

http://www.righthealth.com/topic/Proton%20Radiation?as=goog&ac=427&p=l

There are more Proton Therapy locations opening up as they can be afforded.

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

From what I have learned with melanoma, Prostate cancer patients should look at Proton Radiation Therapy.

http://www2.mdanderson.org/depts/oncolog/articles/04/7-8-julaug/7-8-04-1.html

http://www.protons.com/

http://www.righthealth.com/topic/Proton%20Radiation?as=goog&ac=427&p=l

There are more Proton Therapy locations opening up as they can be afforded.

Richard_K
                                    Participant

Thank you all for the suggestions and all of the kind thoughts.

My current problem should be slow growing so I am going to spend some more time gathering information.  Since February 2010, I have had some 13 PET scans as part of the Zelboraf BRIM2 trial.  Only the August 2011 scan report made mention of hypermetabolic activity in the prostate while all the others simply noted and enlarged prostate.

I am contacting the doctor who interprets the scans to see if there is any additional information in earlier scans that was not reported since the focus had been on melanoma.

Dick

Richard_K
                                      Participant

Thank you all for the suggestions and all of the kind thoughts.

My current problem should be slow growing so I am going to spend some more time gathering information.  Since February 2010, I have had some 13 PET scans as part of the Zelboraf BRIM2 trial.  Only the August 2011 scan report made mention of hypermetabolic activity in the prostate while all the others simply noted and enlarged prostate.

I am contacting the doctor who interprets the scans to see if there is any additional information in earlier scans that was not reported since the focus had been on melanoma.

Dick

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics