The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Does anyone know anything about the POL 103A, Polynoma trial?

Forums General Melanoma Community Does anyone know anything about the POL 103A, Polynoma trial?

• Replies
      austintx
      Participant

I am new to this forum and not too familiar with how it works, so hopefully this response gets back to you.  I began paticipating in this study back in January.  At the time I consulted a listing on the current clinical trials website of the many locations where the study was being conducted. I called the location nearest me (Dallas) and talked to the study manager to make an appointment.  This is probably the only way to find out for sure if they are still accepting patients.  On a recent visit to receive the injections, I was told that the number participating in the first phase of the study had risen into the eighties, which is short of the target number.

The study seemed like a good option for my situation (Stage IIb).  I have been experiencing some of the side effects mentioned in the study description (mostly slight fatigue) but nothing too bothersome.  Overall, my experience in the study has been good.  The participating doctor and nurse have been superattentive and helpful.

Good luck,

Fred

gary1976mary
          Participant

My husband is in this trial in Indianapolis IN.  We live in the Akron OH area so it's quite a drive, but we felt it was worth it.  If you would like more informtion, contact Leslie Weitman at [email protected]

gary1976mary
            Participant

My husband is in this trial in Indianapolis IN.  We live in the Akron OH area so it's quite a drive, but we felt it was worth it.  If you would like more informtion, contact Leslie Weitman at [email protected]

gary1976mary
              Participant

austintx
              Participant

I am new to this forum and not too familiar with how it works, so hopefully this response gets back to you.  I began paticipating in this study back in January.  At the time I consulted a listing on the current clinical trials website of the many locations where the study was being conducted. I called the location nearest me (Dallas) and talked to the study manager to make an appointment.  This is probably the only way to find out for sure if they are still accepting patients.  On a recent visit to receive the injections, I was told that the number participating in the first phase of the study had risen into the eighties, which is short of the target number.

The study seemed like a good option for my situation (Stage IIb).  I have been experiencing some of the side effects mentioned in the study description (mostly slight fatigue) but nothing too bothersome.  Overall, my experience in the study has been good.  The participating doctor and nurse have been superattentive and helpful.

Good luck,

Fred

austintx
                Participant

Good luck,

Fred

gary1976mary
                  Participant

gary1976mary
                    Participant

gary1976mary
                      Participant

gary1976mary
                        Participant

gary1976mary
                            Participant

Sorry, I didn't think it was working.

gary1976mary
                              Participant

gary1976mary
                                Participant

gary1976mary
                                Participant

gary1976mary
                                  Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics