The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Does anyone have the MEK mutation?

Forums General Melanoma Community Does anyone have the MEK mutation?

Participant

I'm looking for anyone with a MEk mutation. What treatments/drugs are you taking. Any experience with this mutation.

scot

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        scots
        Participant

another name for this mutation MAPK.  the pathology report say MAPK12 mutaion and the doctor called it a MEK mutain.

scots
          Participant

another name for this mutation MAPK.  the pathology report say MAPK12 mutaion and the doctor called it a MEK mutain.

scots
            Participant

kylez
              Participant

Maybe that one hasn't been in the testing for long? BRAF and NRAS seemed to be the ones tested for at least back when mine was sequenced. They found the NRAS G12A mutation in my case. But I hadn't heard of the MAPK/MEK mutation till your post.

scots
                  Participant

The actual mutation is MAP2K1 K57N. I was told by the doctor that it is very rare so no trials have been done yet. I was trying to find out if anyone else had the mutation and what they were doing.  IPPI and NIVO did not work for me so I'm looking at trial with glembatumumab vedotin and the ACT/TIL at NIH.

scot

scots
                    Participant

The actual mutation is MAP2K1 K57N. I was told by the doctor that it is very rare so no trials have been done yet. I was trying to find out if anyone else had the mutation and what they were doing.  IPPI and NIVO did not work for me so I'm looking at trial with glembatumumab vedotin and the ACT/TIL at NIH.

scot

scots
                      Participant

scot

kylez
                      Participant

Maybe that one hasn't been in the testing for long? BRAF and NRAS seemed to be the ones tested for at least back when mine was sequenced. They found the NRAS G12A mutation in my case. But I hadn't heard of the MAPK/MEK mutation till your post.

kylez
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics