The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Does anyone care about the chat room?

Forums General Melanoma Community Does anyone care about the chat room?

Participant

It hasn't been working for months. I used the contact form on here to report it, but didn't seem to get any response. With Facebook and all it seems that not many are interested in chatting, but I would still go in there once in a while if it was working and I think sometimes new patients like to chat.

It hasn't been working for months. I used the contact form on here to report it, but didn't seem to get any response. With Facebook and all it seems that not many are interested in chatting, but I would still go in there once in a while if it was working and I think sometimes new patients like to chat.

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

I just emailed Shelby and she said that they weren't aware it was broken.  She is going to check into having it fixed.

BonnieLea
            Participant

ii do too when i am awake (est)

BonnieLea
              Participant

BonnieLea
                Participant

Janner
                Participant

I just emailed Shelby and she said that they weren't aware it was broken.  She is going to check into having it fixed.

Janner
                  Participant

Anonymous
                    Inactive

Hi Don (and Janner),

I receive the Contact Us emails and I never received one from you or anything about the chat room so I'm not sure what the problem is.  I receive several of those emails every day though, so know that it's working.  Either way, I apologize for not knowing there was a problem.  The chat room is now back up and running.  Thanks for letting us know about the issue.  Sometimes we forget to check the chat room so it really helps when the MPIP community lets us know!  Have a great day!

Shelby

Anonymous
                      Inactive

Hi Don (and Janner),

I receive the Contact Us emails and I never received one from you or anything about the chat room so I'm not sure what the problem is.  I receive several of those emails every day though, so know that it's working.  Either way, I apologize for not knowing there was a problem.  The chat room is now back up and running.  Thanks for letting us know about the issue.  Sometimes we forget to check the chat room so it really helps when the MPIP community lets us know!  Have a great day!

Shelby

Anonymous
                        Inactive

Hi Don (and Janner),

Shelby

dian in spokane
                          Participant

I got tired of being in there alone, and kind of gave it up.

pretty much given up on this place entirely I guess.

Spending more time playing music instead!

can I bring a bunch of chick musicians to your island for a few days this spring??

d

dian

dian in spokane
                            Participant

can I bring a bunch of chick musicians to your island for a few days this spring??

d

dian

djpayn
                                Participant

i would chat if we could all plan on a reasonable time to be there! i miss chating with everyone!!

dian… dont give up…. you gaveme so much hope at the beginning of my diagnosis…. i know there are others who will need your wisdom and friendship as they begin this journey too. 

hugs from florida!!!!!!!!!!!

dawna

dian in spokane
                                  Participant

dj, I tried for months to keep the chat room going, and found myself just ..alone in there all the time.

Finally I got Shelby to post some actual chat times in the room, thinking people would see them and show up at those times to at least say hello, but that didn't work either. Not even DON here, who in the old days would show up and then go surfing while his name hung in the corner..not even Don would come in. So I decided that apparently no one was interested in going there anymore.

It used to feel useful to me, to be there.. even if just a couple people a week came in, because I knew how great it feels to find SOMEONE who understands what it all feels like. But not anymore

Life is short, and even though I am, according to my oncologist, a 'walking miracle', doing just FINE and dandy, I am still a stage IV melanoma patient, and so I expect my lifespan to be especially short, so I do not have time to sit around playing solitaire on my computer waiting for someone to show up and keep me company in an internet chat room while I wait for some OTHER poor soul to come in and try to come to grips with this wretched disease. Other things to do.

Of course the good news in all of that is that I've become a much better banjo player.

dian in spokane
                                    Participant

dj, I tried for months to keep the chat room going, and found myself just ..alone in there all the time.

Finally I got Shelby to post some actual chat times in the room, thinking people would see them and show up at those times to at least say hello, but that didn't work either. Not even DON here, who in the old days would show up and then go surfing while his name hung in the corner..not even Don would come in. So I decided that apparently no one was interested in going there anymore.

It used to feel useful to me, to be there.. even if just a couple people a week came in, because I knew how great it feels to find SOMEONE who understands what it all feels like. But not anymore

Life is short, and even though I am, according to my oncologist, a 'walking miracle', doing just FINE and dandy, I am still a stage IV melanoma patient, and so I expect my lifespan to be especially short, so I do not have time to sit around playing solitaire on my computer waiting for someone to show up and keep me company in an internet chat room while I wait for some OTHER poor soul to come in and try to come to grips with this wretched disease. Other things to do.

Of course the good news in all of that is that I've become a much better banjo player.

dian in spokane
                                      Participant

djpayn
                                        Participant

i would chat if we could all plan on a reasonable time to be there! i miss chating with everyone!!

dian… dont give up…. you gaveme so much hope at the beginning of my diagnosis…. i know there are others who will need your wisdom and friendship as they begin this journey too. 

dawna

djpayn
                                          Participant

dawna

DonW
                                            Participant

Dian — Yes, the chicks are welcome and bring MarieM also!

DonW
                                              Participant

DonW
                                                Participant

dian in spokane
                                                Participant

d

dian

MarieM
                                                  Participant

No. BUT…How ARE YOU Don????? Marie

MarieM
                                                    Participant

MarieM
                                                      Participant

keyon
                                                        Participant

How low can we get for a presidential candidate?  How do you trust someone with a personal life and professional career littered with disgracefull behavior. Toss in a pugnacious, arguementative, negative personality and what do you have? A combination of DanT, Jag and BG with a pot belly and a skinny bottle

keyon
                                                          Participant

How low can we get for a presidential candidate?  How do you trust someone with a personal life and professional career littered with disgracefull behavior. Toss in a pugnacious, arguementative, negative personality and what do you have? A combination of DanT, Jag and BG with a pot belly and a skinny bottle

keyon
                                                            Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics