The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Doctor noticed an interesting trend. Immunotherapy, and bone response.

Forums General Melanoma Community Doctor noticed an interesting trend. Immunotherapy, and bone response.

Participant
      Hey All,
      While at an appointment today the doctor mentioned a conversation he had with another doctor while at ASCO.
      My partner is someone who responded well to immunotherapy everywhere in his body except his bones. Brain, liver, spleen, kidney, lungs all responded. It was everything we had been hoping for. Then the pain started. Then blood work showed an increase in his ALT levels, and a later bone scan revealed there has been serious progression throughout. But not the organs. He has since switched to the old braf/mek combo, and is responding great.

But my partner was the not this first Patient of his who had this same thing happen.
      He mentioned this to another doctor at ASCO, and they had also had some similar cases. It sounds like it peaked his interest, and now he’s doing some digging of his own. This is nothing solid, and by no means am I saying that our doctor is starting a new study or anything. I’m really just curious if anyone else has seen this?

Oh, and does anyone happen to have a magic cure they wish to share? 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Edwin
        Participant
          My melanoma originally spread only to bones. In March 2016 I had melanoma in some ribs, some vertebrae, right shoulder, hips and both femurs. After ipi + nivo immunotherapy my bone cancer disappeared. An April 2018 PET scan showed a tumor under my jaw. I received radiation to it. I will have a PET scan on Monday July 15.
      Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics