The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Do you ever just want to quit the drugs???

Forums General Melanoma Community Do you ever just want to quit the drugs???

Participant

I'm having one of those days where I'm just tired of all the drugs- I'm Stage 4 and they have me on the Combo drugs.  I'm into my 3rd month and yes they have reduced the tumor under my arm.  But now eating a hole in my stomach- ulcer.  The pain I get with that is nuts!! Burning, nothing seems to help.  They have me on an ulcer med- not working – I see my Oncologist this week so we will try something else.  I just hate all the drugs.  I was never one to grab a pill, tried to stay away.  I just get mad, oh ya don't you just hate cancer it sucks  Do you ever wonder what would happen if we just quit it all, yes I know what would happen, but eventually we all die. I'm just having a "pitty party" and tomorrow will be better.  Sometimes just hard to say to my family that I just want to quit, I now you will understand.  Tomorrow will be great!!! Thanks for letting me vent.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        gregor913
        Participant
          No keep on fighting. End your pity party. Remember your a melanoma warriars and warriars don’t quit.
            Scooby123
            Participant

I agree never nerver give up . Keep fighting.

scooby

Scooby123
              Participant

scooby

Scooby123
                Participant

scooby

gregor913
                Participant
                  No keep on fighting. End your pity party. Remember your a melanoma warriars and warriars don’t quit.
                  gregor913
                  Participant
                    mjanssentx
                    Participant

Jaco – I hear you bud.  I am probably the last guy on the planet to still be doing Interferon (and for those newbies here…Interferon was the only approved treatment a year ago for Stage 3A patients with the primary clinical benefit of delaying reoccurrence by 6 months).  

I have 5 more shots to go…and it hasn't been fun (I can probably name off 20 side effects without even trying hard).  BUT I made the decision to do something and set my site on completing the task and so far I am NED 13 months later.  

Make sure you are talking to your doctors and nurses…let them help you through the process but in the end you have to own the process.

Keep up the good fight.

Michel

mjanssentx
                      Participant

Jaco – I hear you bud.  I am probably the last guy on the planet to still be doing Interferon (and for those newbies here…Interferon was the only approved treatment a year ago for Stage 3A patients with the primary clinical benefit of delaying reoccurrence by 6 months).  

I have 5 more shots to go…and it hasn't been fun (I can probably name off 20 side effects without even trying hard).  BUT I made the decision to do something and set my site on completing the task and so far I am NED 13 months later.  

Make sure you are talking to your doctors and nurses…let them help you through the process but in the end you have to own the process.

Keep up the good fight.

Michel

mjanssentx
                        Participant

Keep up the good fight.

Michel

JustMeInCA
                          Participant

My dad chose to stop his infusions because the side effects were severely affecting his quality of life, and after three rounds of Ipi, four of Keytruda and two of Opdivo, the cancer was still growing. That was nine months ago that he stopped, and he's still here, though he never fully recovered from all those treatments. So, I do think it's a legitimate question. But obviously, if the drugs are working, then it's a no-brainer.

JustMeInCA
                            Participant

My dad chose to stop his infusions because the side effects were severely affecting his quality of life, and after three rounds of Ipi, four of Keytruda and two of Opdivo, the cancer was still growing. That was nine months ago that he stopped, and he's still here, though he never fully recovered from all those treatments. So, I do think it's a legitimate question. But obviously, if the drugs are working, then it's a no-brainer.

JustMeInCA
                              Participant

Squash
                                Participant

You always have to way up the pros and cons of treatments.

I would quit Keytruda if the quality of life was degraded to the point where i couldnt enjoy a near normal life style.

No one knows how much time they have left whether they take the drugs or dont take them so you need to take this into account.

Squash
                                  Participant

I would quit Keytruda if the quality of life was degraded to the point where i couldnt enjoy a near normal life style.

No one knows how much time they have left whether they take the drugs or dont take them so you need to take this into account.

Squash
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics