The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dirty dozen

Forums General Melanoma Community Dirty dozen

Participant
      Hi everyone. Haven’t been posting much lately, but I keep tabs on everyone, every day , as I always have. Laughing, crying, rooting you all on in your fight. I feel like I know most of you, and certainly feel your tragedy, and triumphs. And the incredible support, advice,education and love on this forum makes this a special place.
      Today I got the results of a biopsy from last week. Melanoma insitu on the tragus of my left ear. That’s primary number 12 for me, and the 8th insitu in a row. This lesion came on fast and looked angry. Quickly failed every aspect of the abcde rule. Its speed of evolution had me concerned pretty quick. So it’s in a tricky spot for the wide excision, and my normal surgeon for wide excision is referring me out to a surgical oncologist, and plastic guy. He mentioned to me that hopefully the rest of the lesion would remain insitu since we just punched a small part of it. It covers the entire tragus. I’m thinking I’m in for the most radical wide excision of my time chasing this persistent pest.
      Starting with a new team, oncologist, pcp and the new surgeons. Still pressing to rule out mets to the epidermis, but can’t seem to raise any eyebrows yet. It’s a long road navigating the system. Feels long
      Anyone with information on what I’m likely to encounter with this round, I’m all ears. At leat at the moment, since keeping the left ear I’ve been told may be questionable, as well as part of my face. It’s my most photogenic side too!

You’re all not far from my thoughts….ever.
      Aloha,
      Bob

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Oh, Bob!! I am sorry. But you did make me laugh out loud! (All ears! HA! Gotta love melanoma humor, right?) I don’t have any words of wisdom. I do know that wonders can be done with prosthetics these days – if that is something you will be facing or interested in. Hoping that this new team will be just what you need for a new perspective, excellent skills, and a stellar game plan to get you OUT of this groove. A dirty dozen is more than enough!!! Lots of love and luck. Keep us posted and hang tough like you always do!!! celeste
          mandyjill
          Participant
            Love your sense of humor. Prayers for the best possible result with your upcoming WLE.
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics