The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Different flavor ideas for barium

Forums General Melanoma Community Different flavor ideas for barium

Participant

So I have my cat scan today and I'm trying to suck down this disgusting barium drink and dreading the whole process, when I thought, hey, let's try to laugh about this and come up with new flavor ideas for barium.

What flavor do you wish barium came in? My vote is for a nice Pinot Noir from Napa Valley. Comment below with your suggestion!

So I have my cat scan today and I'm trying to suck down this disgusting barium drink and dreading the whole process, when I thought, hey, let's try to laugh about this and come up with new flavor ideas for barium.

What flavor do you wish barium came in? My vote is for a nice Pinot Noir from Napa Valley. Comment below with your suggestion!

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Sorry to tell you this but someone already thought of flavored barium drink.

Where I get my scans there is a choice of flavoer, apple spice, very berry, velvety vanilla

killmel
          Participant

Where I get my scans there is a choice of flavoer, apple spice, very berry, velvety vanilla

killmel
            Participant

killmel
              Participant

Where I get my scans there is a choice of flavor, apple spice, very berry, velvety vanilla, banana

killmel
                Participant

Where I get my scans there is a choice of flavor, apple spice, very berry, velvety vanilla, banana

killmel
                  Participant

JC
                    Participant

i'm also in chicago area, who is your Dr? 

What was your primary lesion, i saw stage I but now stage III? 

JC
                      Participant

JC
                        Participant

Tina D
                          Participant

hmmmm. If it is the thicker white stuff, it would be nice if they could make it like a homemade vanilla milkshake. Last time I had to drink some, it was a thinner liquid, kind of like coolaid and it wasnt too bad. Never heard of all those fancy flavors! It is nice to know there all improvements even in those areas ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                            Participant

hmmmm. If it is the thicker white stuff, it would be nice if they could make it like a homemade vanilla milkshake. Last time I had to drink some, it was a thinner liquid, kind of like coolaid and it wasnt too bad. Never heard of all those fancy flavors! It is nice to know there all improvements even in those areas ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                              Participant

Tina

rlowe
                                Participant
                                  I asked about that very thing at Vandy. They told me I could bring a water enhancer like Meo or whatever its called to squirt in it. I have scans in 2 weeks – I will try it and let you know.

Rusty 3b on ippi trial

rlowe
                                  Participant
                                    I asked about that very thing at Vandy. They told me I could bring a water enhancer like Meo or whatever its called to squirt in it. I have scans in 2 weeks – I will try it and let you know.

Rusty 3b on ippi trial

rlowe
                                    Participant

Rusty 3b on ippi trial

audgator
                                      Participant

If I get it just before the scan in the radiology waiting room, it is pretty bad.  But they will give me some better stuff that I can take home for the next time & drink it on the way in. Choices are vanilla (so-so), banana (not bad), & berry (haven't tried).

audgator
                                        Participant

If I get it just before the scan in the radiology waiting room, it is pretty bad.  But they will give me some better stuff that I can take home for the next time & drink it on the way in. Choices are vanilla (so-so), banana (not bad), & berry (haven't tried).

audgator
                                          Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics