The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dermatopatholigist Recommendation

Forums General Melanoma Community Dermatopatholigist Recommendation

Participant

I was diagnosed with Melanoma in situ on my neck in April. My slides were read by a dermpath and I got a second opinion from another dermpath within the same group who concurred with the first. I have already had the WLE with 8mm clear margins, however, I want a second opinion from a different dermpath. May i request any dermapath anywhere in in the US? If so, may I please have recommendations? Thanks so much.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        JC
        Participant

Martin Mihm

lakegirl67
            Participant

Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation. Dr. Mihm was thorough and professional. He returned my call and took the time to explain my report in detail and with kindness. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of an excellent dermatopathologist specializing in melanoma. 

JC
              Participant

do you have his up to date contact information?  i think i have old info

JC
                Participant

JC
                  Participant

lakegirl67
                    Participant

Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation. Dr. Mihm was thorough and professional. He returned my call and took the time to explain my report in detail and with kindness. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of an excellent dermatopathologist specializing in melanoma. 

lakegirl67
                      Participant

JC
                      Participant

Martin Mihm

JC
                        Participant

Martin Mihm

SABKLYN
                          Participant

Barnhill at UCLA 

SABKLYN
                            Participant

Barnhill at UCLA 

SABKLYN
                              Participant

Barnhill at UCLA 

SABKLYN
                                Participant

Raymond Barnhill at UCLA 

SABKLYN
                                  Participant

Raymond Barnhill at UCLA 

SABKLYN
                                    Participant

Raymond Barnhill at UCLA 

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics