The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Derm suspects melanoma

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Derm suspects melanoma

Participant
      I had a flat mole for years, that began to change a year ago. My health has greatly declined in other areas so I did not pursue a dr visit for the mole. In the last 3 months, it had begun to elevate and itch deep under the tissue. It developed something like a pore in the center and a scab.
      I finally went in to the dermatology office and he ordered a biopsy and mentioned mm vs nm to his nurse. Malignant melanoma vs nodular melanoma?
      Anyway, this is the biopsy site now. I have 2 concerns:

1) It appears where the “pore” was has a root that remained when the rest was removed.
      2) I can’t seem to find info on whether this is normal or a sign of malignancy.
      I know we aren’t doctors, but if any of you have similar pictures or experiences, I would love to hear about them. Good or bad. I would just like to prepare my heart.

Can’t quite figure out how to add the photo from my phone. Will try to post in comments.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Notesforthelittles
        Participant
          I made my profile picture the one that I’m referencing. Please take a look if you have the time. Thank you so much.
          Bubbles
          Participant
            Sorry for your worries. None of us (or any doc either) can really tell you what you are dealing with until you have the biopsy results. Photos do not load here and I can’t tell much from the photos you posted. If your doc did a punch biopsy, it is reasonable that there would be a ‘hole’ where the sample was taken. Not sure if that is what you are dealing with…but it may be. Wait for your results, then proceed from there. Much has changed in the world of melanoma. Should you have it, you have many reasons for hope. Wishing you my best. Celeste
              Notesforthelittles
              Participant
                Thanks so much for the reply! It was a scrape biopsy which is kinda why I hate still seeing the dark of the mole down deep. Hope that makes sense. I so so appreciate the positivity.
              Summer S.
              Participant
                Hi dear,

Am sorry you have to go through all the pre- results anxiety,

You did the one and only right thing by getting a biopsy,

As Celeste said, no one can tell from a photo, you will just have to wait and see.

I know those can be difficult times, but try to proceed with your daily activities and keep yourself as busy as possible till results are out then we can take it from there.

They say that it is harder for bad news to hit a moving target

I wish you all the best!

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics