The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Derm appointment – Weds not diagnosed

Forums General Melanoma Community Derm appointment – Weds not diagnosed

Participant

Hello,

Hello,

I'm not sure I have any right to post on these boards. I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but I know my mind is going crazy with worry.  On Oct. 27 I took off my watch and noticed a raised pink mole/bump . I have never ever noticed it before. It was 3mm in diameter. It was round shape and flat. It didn't get bothered when I wore my watch, although my wrist has been red when I wear it.   There was no pain, itching, bleeding, etc. Well I ended up picking it off my arm. And now I just have a scar where it was that is shiny. I'm so afraid that it could have been nodular melanoma. It looked like that as well as some other benign lesions:( Any thoughts are appreciated.

God bless.

Colleen

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

You can post, but I think you're being a bit hasty.  It's unlikely you "picked off" a nodular melanoma.  That's just not that easy.  There are many benign lesions and even the other types of skin cancer are much more likely – even some type of reaction to the metal in your watch (very common).  Hang in there, but don't imagine the worst because it's really not the most likely scenario.

Best wishes,

Janner

colleenblue
            Participant

Thanks Janner. Its hard with the internet not get yourself freaked out by the pictures/information out there. 

Thank you for your reply though.

Best,

Colleen

MichaelFL
              Participant

Here is a website with photos of hundreds if not thousands of skin issues. Warning: some are not pretty!

http://www.dermnet.com/

If you feel the need, have a derm look at it to ease your mind. He may say it's nothing or maybe biopsy it.

colleenblue
                Participant

Thanks for the link, I will check it out. My appt is on Weds am. 

colleenblue
                  Participant

colleenblue
                    Participant

MichaelFL
                      Participant

Here is a website with photos of hundreds if not thousands of skin issues. Warning: some are not pretty!

If you feel the need, have a derm look at it to ease your mind. He may say it's nothing or maybe biopsy it.

MichaelFL
                        Participant

colleenblue
                          Participant

Thanks Janner. Its hard with the internet not get yourself freaked out by the pictures/information out there. 

Best,

Colleen

colleenblue
                            Participant

Best,

Colleen

Janner
                            Participant

You can post, but I think you're being a bit hasty.  It's unlikely you "picked off" a nodular melanoma.  That's just not that easy.  There are many benign lesions and even the other types of skin cancer are much more likely – even some type of reaction to the metal in your watch (very common).  Hang in there, but don't imagine the worst because it's really not the most likely scenario.

Best wishes,

Janner

Janner
                              Participant

Best wishes,

Janner

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics