The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Damon Runyon 5k run/walk.

Forums General Melanoma Community Damon Runyon 5k run/walk.

Participant

Hi everybody!

Hi everybody!

Meredith and I are starting what will hopefully be an annual event, maybe we will even get more people to join us as the years go on.  This year we are going to be in an event that raises money for cancer by making us walk 5k around Yankee stadium.  Thats right, all of the stairs and a lap around the field,  You can donate on either one of our pages, 

My wife is 

http://runyon5k.kintera.org/meredithre

mine is

http://Runyon5K.kintera.org/gallagherjohna

If anybody would like to join in with us, you can create your own team, or join ours, (blackmoles).  Just watch out for all of the syringes from A-rod when you pass 3rd base.-you might even get to watch me being passed by a grandma and a little girl since I only have 1 lung and my left leg coordination is all screwy from the brain surgeries I've had.  The great thing about Damon Runyon, is that it doesn't raise money for any specific cancer research it gives grants based on the best researchers for all different types of cancer.  Jedd Wolchok(our oncologist), of Memorial Sloan Kettering once received one of these grants and that turned into a new and better FDA approved treatment for melanoma. (Yervoy)

The first 10 donors get a shamwow, and especially big donors will get a PBS tote bag with a Ken Burns CD collection.  Donate within the next 10 minutes and we will even throw in a Slapchop!   

Best to everybody and back to the more serious matters at hand  which is you doing your best to kill the beast.

As for updates on me, I'm 5 years out with no evidence of disease 40 years old (was especially happy to make it to 40, as that made it 10 years since my diagnosis (30th birthday).  Meredith and I have a son named Jedd, he is now 15 months old and already much more mature than his father.

Meredith and I run a successful mobile veterinary business, and my current treatments are just daily antiseizure medication which I am currently weaning off of.  I thank God for the gift of life every single day.

God Bless everybody in their battle

John/Elmer Fudd (yep the guy nobody liked from the DS.)

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Oh, and out of respect for others, I am not posting this on the main board.  I am happy to see that the spammers are doing worse than Roxanne and Barbie Girl and BillMfl and I at driving people out of here.

jag
          Participant

Oh, and out of respect for others, I am not posting this on the main board.  I am happy to see that the spammers are doing worse than Roxanne and Barbie Girl and BillMfl and I at driving people out of here.

jag
            Participant

Janner
              Participant

Good luck with your run, John.  And happy 5 years NED!

Janner
                Participant

Janner
                  Participant

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics