The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dabrafenib and Ipi

Forums General Melanoma Community Dabrafenib and Ipi

Participant

Wow, I must really be breaking ground here.  I went to look up what the side effects could be from combining Dabrafenib and Ipi and there are no results.  There is a clinical trial being conducted with this combo but no results posted because it's a fairly new trial.  I can tell you that I don't feel bad at all, matter of fact I feel good, no side effects to speak of and the tumor on my arm is getting smaller.  I did get sunburned on Saturday pretty bad but seemed to have just about healed this morning.  

Wow, I must really be breaking ground here.  I went to look up what the side effects could be from combining Dabrafenib and Ipi and there are no results.  There is a clinical trial being conducted with this combo but no results posted because it's a fairly new trial.  I can tell you that I don't feel bad at all, matter of fact I feel good, no side effects to speak of and the tumor on my arm is getting smaller.  I did get sunburned on Saturday pretty bad but seemed to have just about healed this morning.  

Is anyone else taking Dabrafenib instead of Z and did you take Z first?  Just wondering if you can tell the difference. 

Today is a good day!  

All my best to you all

Denise

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

Yes, Denise, you really are blazing the trail here. Actually, based on clinical trial results I always thought that I would rather take Dabrafenib than Zelboraf (assuming I had to take either one). But Zelboraf completed their trials first, got FDA approval first, and got all the publicity first. Dabrafenif is going to be playing "catch up" for quite a while yet. 

I am delighted that you are getting a good response and that your side effects are minimal. Please do update this thread periodically so that future melanoma patients will get a "hit" when they do a search! And if you hear any preliminary reports about the clinical trial, tell us about those, too. I am very hopeful that this combination will work for a lot of people. 

POW
          Participant

Yes, Denise, you really are blazing the trail here. Actually, based on clinical trial results I always thought that I would rather take Dabrafenib than Zelboraf (assuming I had to take either one). But Zelboraf completed their trials first, got FDA approval first, and got all the publicity first. Dabrafenif is going to be playing "catch up" for quite a while yet. 

I am delighted that you are getting a good response and that your side effects are minimal. Please do update this thread periodically so that future melanoma patients will get a "hit" when they do a search! And if you hear any preliminary reports about the clinical trial, tell us about those, too. I am very hopeful that this combination will work for a lot of people. 

POW
            Participant

GAngel
              Participant

Hi Denise, my husband took Zel first for a couple of months and is now on the Dabrafenib/MEK combo and he wanted me to post and let you know that he can definitely tell the difference in that the side effects are fewer and less severe and he feels MUCH better than he did when on Zel. We are praying for you and hoping that your current treatment plan works for you. We truly think that in order for healing to take place that one has to believe that it is possible!

May you never stop believing!

Gina 

GAngel
                Participant

Hi Denise, my husband took Zel first for a couple of months and is now on the Dabrafenib/MEK combo and he wanted me to post and let you know that he can definitely tell the difference in that the side effects are fewer and less severe and he feels MUCH better than he did when on Zel. We are praying for you and hoping that your current treatment plan works for you. We truly think that in order for healing to take place that one has to believe that it is possible!

Gina 

GAngel
                  Participant

Gina 

Tina D
                    Participant

Hi Denise… No answers for you, but I am sure glad to hear that you are feeling well ๐Ÿ™‚

And, thrilled to hear that your SQ is shrinking!!

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

Hi Denise… No answers for you, but I am sure glad to hear that you are feeling well ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                        Participant

Tina

DeniseK
                          Participant

There is definately a difference in the side effects being less, which is great news for those who cannot tolerate the Z.  Not only that the dabrafenib is supposed to break the brain barrier so it seems to be the better choice drug to take for BRAF patients.  

DeniseK
                            Participant

There is definately a difference in the side effects being less, which is great news for those who cannot tolerate the Z.  Not only that the dabrafenib is supposed to break the brain barrier so it seems to be the better choice drug to take for BRAF patients.  

DeniseK
                              Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics