The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CyberKnife Treatment worked

Forums General Melanoma Community CyberKnife Treatment worked

Participant

I am fairly new to this website, I've been viewing posts and replying to some. This website has been so helpful! Thank you all for educating me, comforting me, and giving me hope!

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Melanoma in January 2011 after a double craniotomy. I have one brain met left and 5 other lesions throughout my body. I received 4 CyberKnife treatments in February and I started Temodar (150mg/day for 6 weeks). I also just found out that I tested positive for the B-RAF mutation. Can anyone tell me their experiences with B-RAF inhibitors?

I am fairly new to this website, I've been viewing posts and replying to some. This website has been so helpful! Thank you all for educating me, comforting me, and giving me hope!

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Melanoma in January 2011 after a double craniotomy. I have one brain met left and 5 other lesions throughout my body. I received 4 CyberKnife treatments in February and I started Temodar (150mg/day for 6 weeks). I also just found out that I tested positive for the B-RAF mutation. Can anyone tell me their experiences with B-RAF inhibitors?

I met with my neurosurgeon today. The MRI, one month after CyberKnife, shows negative uptake in the areas where my two brain tumors were removed and the tumor that couldn't be removed is stable not growing! I have two more weeks of Temodar then another PET scan to see if that is working. Dr. Carvajal from MSK will tell us what the next step will be in this fight! He's a big advocate of Ipi. Can anyone tell me their experiences with that?

I can't express how helpful this place has been for me, I was scared and searching for someone to talk to that could actually relate. Thank you and I wish all the best to all of you that are battling this beast!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

So glad that cyberknife has worked!  I hope that you find that Temodar has also shown to haveshrunk your other tumors!

Linda

Stage IV since 06

stable

lhaley
          Participant

So glad that cyberknife has worked!  I hope that you find that Temodar has also shown to haveshrunk your other tumors!

Linda

Stage IV since 06

stable

KellieSue
            Participant

Fantastic news! So happy to hear cyberknife worked for you and Temodar.

No advice on Ipi but there are some Ipi warriors on here!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV on B-RAF

KellieSue
              Participant

Fantastic news! So happy to hear cyberknife worked for you and Temodar.

No advice on Ipi but there are some Ipi warriors on here!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV on B-RAF

jrami3
                Participant

You are a strength to many of us, who are really new here. Hearing your news on the Cyberknife treatment brings hope to many..  <3 Keep inspiring!!

jrami3
                  Participant

You are a strength to many of us, who are really new here. Hearing your news on the Cyberknife treatment brings hope to many..  <3 Keep inspiring!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics