The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CT scan shows a lymph node or cyst on my opposite side?Pleae

Forums General Melanoma Community CT scan shows a lymph node or cyst on my opposite side?Pleae

Participant

My consultant has just called to say we are 99% there. The organs are clear but there is a spot on the opposite axilla (lower than other side) that has lit up. He said this could be a cyst or a lymph node fighting infection, but said I need an ultrasound to check it.

I went from amazing to down when realised if it is melanoma that I’ll be stage 4!!!

Please bring some clarity to my situation!!!

I hate feeling like this and want so bad to be positive.

Any help/ advice always appreciated xxx

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Lymph nodes are the pathway for so many things that it's not uncommon for them to light up during a scan due to fighting benign normal stuff. Goodness knows how many random lymph nodes I had light up throughout my time of getting scanned every 3 months.. most of which lit up once and then never again on any future scans. It's good for them to be thorough with ultrasound to be sure. But, try not to stress too much, it's most likely not melanoma related. (I know, easier said than done). Hope you have a very merry holiday 🙂

Tilly1402
            Participant

Thank you Jenn for the wonderful gift of hope!

Merry Christmas and here’s hoping for 2019 being NED x

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics