The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Creatinine Level

Forums General Melanoma Community Creatinine Level

Participant

So just finished my last  Nivo treatment today (24 of 24 every two weeks).  Other then a rash, I've been cruising through these treatments with no problems other than fatigue a day or two after the treatment.  The last treatment my creatinine level number jumped to 1.88 and yesterday it was 1.83.  The onco gave the green light to proceed with this final treatment.  As an fyi, this is a adjuvant treatment for stage 3C.  As my creatinine increased my hemoglobin count decreased and today I'm at 11.7.  The onco will recheck levels in a week but I don't see a quick fix to this kidney issue since the half life of Nivo is 26 days and 12 weeks to actually clear it out of your system.  Anyone have any kidney issues with Nivo?  I know steroids can be used but no one on my team seems overly concerned at this point – me not so much!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Hukill
        Participant

Didn't have kidney issues but it killed my thyriod, I am on 6000mg of potassium plus eats lots of food high in it and my level is still low. I add tons of salt and I cannot get my sodium level up to the minimum and my chloride is low. Never had any issues with these before. My electrolites have to be way out of wack.

MovingOn
            Participant

Do your hands tingle? Possibly when sleeping?

My thyroid is also impacted by Nivo. If I forget my levothyroxine pill for two days then my

hands start to tingle in a significant way.

Hukill
              Participant

no hand tingling.

Bubbles
              Participant

Hi Steve,

There have been some reports of nephritis with nivo in the literature…but it is not a very common event. As you have probably already determined, normal creatinine for a male is usually around 1 – 1.2, so yes your level is a bit high and may indicate some decrease in your kidney function (ie creatinine clearance).  The trend is more important than isolated lab values, so checking it again soon is a good idea.  Further, if it doesn't resolve, I would request to see a nephrologist as this could be related to nivo or something else entirely.  I hope the level will be lower at your next check and turn out to be "just one of those things" that we find when we are checked and rechecked in our weird little melanoma world.

Yours, celeste

susanmcd
                Participant

Hello everyone!  I have a question to add, sorry…

My hands tingle especially when waking up, but my blood levels are normal.  Is the tingling a Opdivo side effect?  This has happend since i started taking opdivo back in 9/18. I currently just completed my 15th treatment.  Thanks in advance.  Hugs, Susan

Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics