The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Covid question, please help !!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Covid question, please help !!!

Participant
      Hello guys ! I am stage 4 on pembrolizumab, with good response and shrinkage of most of my tumors up to now.

Unfortunately 2 days ago I tested positive for covid ! Now I am really scared that maybe this virus in my body will make my immune system crazy and stop the immunotherapy from working ! Is this possible ?

Has anyone else tested positive for covid and still got good response on immunotherapy ? Please any answer will be appreciated, I am very scared and sad, I had just got good news finally from my scans and now I am terrified again !!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Sorry for dealing with COVID. However, there is no data to indicate that having COVID or any other illness while on therapy will diminish response to said therapy. It just makes the process more miserable. Hope you are better soon. Take care.
          Celeste
          ThinkingPositive
          Participant
            Hi Anxietyallday,
            I agree with Celeste. Also, I had Covid in November 2021 while on pembro (stage 4) and I continued to have great response to the immunotherapy. Now NED for one year!!!
            Have a good weekend!

PS I don’t have my smell back yet but I intend to get it back:)
            Cindy

anxietyalldaylong
            Participant
              Thank you so much my dear friends for your kind replies ! I spent another 2 weeks full on anxiety, I am sorry I am late to reply. Thankfully everything went well, my onc prescribed me the paxlovid and after 2 days I felt much better.

Then of course my anxiety hit again and I was scared of rebound, so more sleepless nights for me ! I hope everything will go better in the future for al of us ! Thank you again for being such amazing supporters for all of us in this forum !

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics