The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Could 3 treatments of Yervoy produce a response?

Forums General Melanoma Community Could 3 treatments of Yervoy produce a response?

Participant

My tumor on my arm is just getting bigger and I have to wait until June 3rd for my cscan, just had 3 treatments of yervoy and then the side effects were too bad to have the last one and that is a big concern of mine that only 3 does would not shrink these tumors. So has anyone had a response without the full course of treatment?  Thanks in advance, I know so little about my cancer and everyone here seems to know so much I do know that I am stage 4 with mets in my lungs, arm, lymph node and possib le stomach.

My tumor on my arm is just getting bigger and I have to wait until June 3rd for my cscan, just had 3 treatments of yervoy and then the side effects were too bad to have the last one and that is a big concern of mine that only 3 does would not shrink these tumors. So has anyone had a response without the full course of treatment?  Thanks in advance, I know so little about my cancer and everyone here seems to know so much I do know that I am stage 4 with mets in my lungs, arm, lymph node and possib le stomach.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        jim Breitfeller
        Participant

The Answer is YES!!

I had only one dose of Anti-CTLA-4 at 15mg/Kg.  The tumor could be getting larger due to the accumulation of immune T-cells trafficing toward the tumor.

Time will tell.

Best regards,

Jimmy B

yoopergirl
            Participant

Thanks Jimmy B that is sure encouraging to hear. I will keep that positive news close to me when I go for my scan.

NYKaren
              Participant

I too believe the answer is yes.  I will post an update on myself shortly, but the long and short of it is that I developed colitis (mild) after my 3rd dose.  I wound up at the ER @ Sloan, and Dr. Wolchuk said "You asked for an immune response, you got one!" 

hope this helps,

karen

yoopergirl
                Participant

Karen if you remember I too was hospitiized after my 3rd infusion, but I can't have the 4th infusion due to the eye problem that developed while in the hospital. Hoping for good results for the both of us…

yoopergirl
                  Participant

Karen if you remember I too was hospitiized after my 3rd infusion, but I can't have the 4th infusion due to the eye problem that developed while in the hospital. Hoping for good results for the both of us…

yoopergirl
                    Participant

NYKaren
                      Participant

I too believe the answer is yes.  I will post an update on myself shortly, but the long and short of it is that I developed colitis (mild) after my 3rd dose.  I wound up at the ER @ Sloan, and Dr. Wolchuk said "You asked for an immune response, you got one!" 

hope this helps,

karen

NYKaren
                        Participant

hope this helps,

karen

yoopergirl
                          Participant

Thanks Jimmy B that is sure encouraging to hear. I will keep that positive news close to me when I go for my scan.

yoopergirl
                            Participant

jim Breitfeller
                            Participant

The Answer is YES!!

I had only one dose of Anti-CTLA-4 at 15mg/Kg.  The tumor could be getting larger due to the accumulation of immune T-cells trafficing toward the tumor.

Time will tell.

Best regards,

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                              Participant

The Answer is YES!!

Time will tell.

Best regards,

Jimmy B

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics