The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

‘cos I worry these days…

Forums General Melanoma Community ‘cos I worry these days…

Participant

John, Bonnie, LV…y'all okay?  Seems like a while since I've seen a post from you guys.  Seems like Dian and I are here kicking a can down the road.

Hope Everyone is well.  Guess someone will start something controversial some day.  : )

k.

John, Bonnie, LV…y'all okay?  Seems like a while since I've seen a post from you guys.  Seems like Dian and I are here kicking a can down the road.

Hope Everyone is well.  Guess someone will start something controversial some day.  : )

k.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        LV
        Participant

Hey Kim. Thanks for asking.

I'm fine, busy, relatively happy. Just mostly playing elsewhere. Gardening, still doing some float work, dating a bit. Going to some Rays' games. Seeing to my mom, who turns 91 next week. (She's frail, but mentally all there). Spending time with my sister, who lost her daughter earlier this year.

I don't know what happened here. Surely it's more than just the site changes, but the fun sure seems gone. Nobody comes out to play. The social climate is different. (Forget fern bar, it's now a tea room.)

Let me know when you're going to be in town (Tampa) some time – we could make arrangements to get together IRL.

Hope you're well. (And sorry to hear about your dog troubles.)

LV

Kimmer
            Participant

Did you say Rays???  Love them so much and don't really even like baseball all that well. 

We are getting settled into our new place a little bit.  This place needs AbbeyDog in it, that is for sure. (The grief is stunning.)  EmmaDog is doing better, but the treatment for her Cushing's knocked her on her furry little butt.  She has been crazy happy all this week, so I hope we have it straightened out.

We have a very patient vet now who doesn't mind that I have him on speed dial.

I love to garden too!  We have a tiny little courtyard that is beginning to be the site of many flowers…it is so nice to look outside and see them  We also started some herbs as basil is one of my fave things for cooking.

So nice that you have family close by!  Special birthday wishes to your mom!  And big hugs to your sister.  I am actually looking forward to my in-laws coming here for the 4th of July.  (That is really not like me.  LOL)

Glad you are doing well!  It would be great to meet up some time…Hubs has a center that he leases in Tampa.  It is called North Dale or something like that …off of Dale Mabry.  There is a Sweet Bay market in it.  Does that area ring any bells?

Take good care, k.

Thanks for letting me know how ya are!

LV
              Participant

Yes, I know where the NorthDale area is! It's not too far from where I am.

I know how it is to miss a beloved pet. I still can't pull into my garage without thinking about leaving enough room for the dog to get by! Plus, she was the last vestige of structure in my life. Eventually I found a vet who would come to the house, as she was too big for me to get into and out of the car by myself. I like to think she's resting peacefully in the back yard.

Oh, the Rays! Went to the game last night, and we beat the hated Sox! I was never a baseball fan either, but started going to the games with my husband when they started here, and liked it so much that I have continued without him! I have tickets again on the 29th – come over and go with me! That is not just an idle offer. Email me!

Thanks for thinking of me.

LV
                Participant

Yes, I know where the NorthDale area is! It's not too far from where I am.

I know how it is to miss a beloved pet. I still can't pull into my garage without thinking about leaving enough room for the dog to get by! Plus, she was the last vestige of structure in my life. Eventually I found a vet who would come to the house, as she was too big for me to get into and out of the car by myself. I like to think she's resting peacefully in the back yard.

Oh, the Rays! Went to the game last night, and we beat the hated Sox! I was never a baseball fan either, but started going to the games with my husband when they started here, and liked it so much that I have continued without him! I have tickets again on the 29th – come over and go with me! That is not just an idle offer. Email me!

Thanks for thinking of me.

Kimmer
                  Participant

Did you say Rays???  Love them so much and don't really even like baseball all that well. 

We are getting settled into our new place a little bit.  This place needs AbbeyDog in it, that is for sure. (The grief is stunning.)  EmmaDog is doing better, but the treatment for her Cushing's knocked her on her furry little butt.  She has been crazy happy all this week, so I hope we have it straightened out.

We have a very patient vet now who doesn't mind that I have him on speed dial.

I love to garden too!  We have a tiny little courtyard that is beginning to be the site of many flowers…it is so nice to look outside and see them  We also started some herbs as basil is one of my fave things for cooking.

So nice that you have family close by!  Special birthday wishes to your mom!  And big hugs to your sister.  I am actually looking forward to my in-laws coming here for the 4th of July.  (That is really not like me.  LOL)

Glad you are doing well!  It would be great to meet up some time…Hubs has a center that he leases in Tampa.  It is called North Dale or something like that …off of Dale Mabry.  There is a Sweet Bay market in it.  Does that area ring any bells?

Take good care, k.

Thanks for letting me know how ya are!

LV
                  Participant

Hey Kim. Thanks for asking.

I'm fine, busy, relatively happy. Just mostly playing elsewhere. Gardening, still doing some float work, dating a bit. Going to some Rays' games. Seeing to my mom, who turns 91 next week. (She's frail, but mentally all there). Spending time with my sister, who lost her daughter earlier this year.

I don't know what happened here. Surely it's more than just the site changes, but the fun sure seems gone. Nobody comes out to play. The social climate is different. (Forget fern bar, it's now a tea room.)

Let me know when you're going to be in town (Tampa) some time – we could make arrangements to get together IRL.

Hope you're well. (And sorry to hear about your dog troubles.)

LV

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

Oh Kim…  I have just not been feeling well, and my computer was in the hospital, my dear beloved Mac got a nasty perverted pop up crap virus or something.  So I had to have it fixed.  I have it back and running.

Twas too hard to figure out the lap top, and get to the site as my passwords are in the millions.  So I reloaded this browser on my MAC and voila here I be.  Going for a CT scan a a hour or so.  (brain related) 

August I have finally a date for the MRI to check out new lesions on me liver!  (no No NO not to be cooked with onions and bacon) haha.  Kitchen and lower floor are crazy still with renovations.  been a mess since FEB bob only has one day a week to do it.  400 sq feet of tile from front door, foyer and kitchn and no one here knows how to do it, but we are 'mudding along'

Mother (age 93) moved out, it is causing bittersweet things for me.  But now I have to sort out her whhole apartment.  She moved into dear family friends who wish to take her on, as it is not helping me get better.  She has lived with us now for 20 years and It is strange not to have the big worry.  She had falled twice in a week, and pulled leg groin thingy, and being 93  deaf and legally blind it has left me no time for me or mine up here.  She knew she wanted t move.  Hated it here as her vision is so low, she felt she was living in a cave (not)  and she was always cold (even in the sun at 90F)  so moving was good for her, but hard for me.  She did not shed a tear, never has.

But I am back, and will soon be backk to my old self whether folks like it or not.  We could get this site going, if people kept things jovial and crazy.  But quite a few do not seem to be of the nature, to just babble.

John prob is busy fixing street animals, from his vet on wheels practice, if that is on the go now.

Love Bonnie

Kimmer
                        Participant

Bonnie Lea,

You face challenges and change with a grace I can only imagine having. 

So glad you are back online…gosh and another scan?  You know I am sending the very best thoughts your way.  And you will sure be back to your old self in quick order.

I love those who babble.

Love, k.

Bonnie Lea
                          Participant

Oh Kimmie (ha new name)  the crap only gets worse.  But things happen and happen they do, as long as I still get to go and argue with  bears for Blue berries. 

The CT on brain was abnormal. the doctor here stated it was a subdural hemotoma measuring about 11mm on the left and that the brain has shifted 8mm to the right.  So I was called back to see my doctor after they did frantic phone calls hunting me down.  (was at the dentist)  left msg for Bob work, left msg on dotters cell, two calls on my home phone, one from my fam doc requesting I snap to attention and call her at home.

I did, she told me a bit, and ordered both bob and I in to her office before they opened.  We did, then we collected the disk from our hobbithall, and she phoned the big one in Toronto where I had the previous shunt instalation. 

They will do a MRI asap and said that it was not a subdural hemo—- but that brain fluid had somehow escaped the ventricles and flooded the oposite side from where the shunt it, and caused a few bleeds.

All this over a massive headache.  But my fam doctor said no wonder your head hurts so now I can be called   BONNIE WITH THE TWISTED brain.  cos the reports states my brain has shifted those 8mm and has begun to twist. 

The MRI I have been waiting for since FEB is finally booked for AUG 3  but if I have to have a shunt which is programmable it has metal in it, so there goes my MRI of abdomen, which has shown through a CT just a couple of weeks ago, that new leisions have appeared where previously there were non.  They (doctors here) want a MRI  since our hobbithall doesnt have a MRI I am waiting for the hoppital closest.  Will be 6 months from request to august 3.  But I need this first thing with brain looked at first.  I HATE this, but rather be hating than doing nothing but nothing forever.

Plus the doctor who did the surgery in the first place, is not working there, so I have to get to know the new neurosurgeon hope he has better attitude and not so condescending.  His resident whom I saw in the emerg dept at the city hospital was ok, but man, my fam doc told me to pack a bag, because I should not be bopping around.  But they let me come home, (weekend doncha know)  he said I am far too well to be in a hospital and to just keep on the quiet side and no trampoline haha.  I feel like a ticking time bomb….so either headache when camping, or fresh surgery.  Cannot cancel camping or my life in the woods.  Birthday and all be up there.

Sorry for the long note.  But all you guys and guyetts kknow I love you.

Bonnie Lea
                            Participant

Oh Kimmie (ha new name)  the crap only gets worse.  But things happen and happen they do, as long as I still get to go and argue with  bears for Blue berries. 

The CT on brain was abnormal. the doctor here stated it was a subdural hemotoma measuring about 11mm on the left and that the brain has shifted 8mm to the right.  So I was called back to see my doctor after they did frantic phone calls hunting me down.  (was at the dentist)  left msg for Bob work, left msg on dotters cell, two calls on my home phone, one from my fam doc requesting I snap to attention and call her at home.

I did, she told me a bit, and ordered both bob and I in to her office before they opened.  We did, then we collected the disk from our hobbithall, and she phoned the big one in Toronto where I had the previous shunt instalation. 

They will do a MRI asap and said that it was not a subdural hemo—- but that brain fluid had somehow escaped the ventricles and flooded the oposite side from where the shunt it, and caused a few bleeds.

All this over a massive headache.  But my fam doctor said no wonder your head hurts so now I can be called   BONNIE WITH THE TWISTED brain.  cos the reports states my brain has shifted those 8mm and has begun to twist. 

The MRI I have been waiting for since FEB is finally booked for AUG 3  but if I have to have a shunt which is programmable it has metal in it, so there goes my MRI of abdomen, which has shown through a CT just a couple of weeks ago, that new leisions have appeared where previously there were non.  They (doctors here) want a MRI  since our hobbithall doesnt have a MRI I am waiting for the hoppital closest.  Will be 6 months from request to august 3.  But I need this first thing with brain looked at first.  I HATE this, but rather be hating than doing nothing but nothing forever.

Plus the doctor who did the surgery in the first place, is not working there, so I have to get to know the new neurosurgeon hope he has better attitude and not so condescending.  His resident whom I saw in the emerg dept at the city hospital was ok, but man, my fam doc told me to pack a bag, because I should not be bopping around.  But they let me come home, (weekend doncha know)  he said I am far too well to be in a hospital and to just keep on the quiet side and no trampoline haha.  I feel like a ticking time bomb….so either headache when camping, or fresh surgery.  Cannot cancel camping or my life in the woods.  Birthday and all be up there.

Sorry for the long note.  But all you guys and guyetts kknow I love you.

Kimmer
                              Participant

Bonnie Lea,

You face challenges and change with a grace I can only imagine having. 

So glad you are back online…gosh and another scan?  You know I am sending the very best thoughts your way.  And you will sure be back to your old self in quick order.

I love those who babble.

Love, k.

Bonnie Lea
                              Participant

Oh Kim…  I have just not been feeling well, and my computer was in the hospital, my dear beloved Mac got a nasty perverted pop up crap virus or something.  So I had to have it fixed.  I have it back and running.

Twas too hard to figure out the lap top, and get to the site as my passwords are in the millions.  So I reloaded this browser on my MAC and voila here I be.  Going for a CT scan a a hour or so.  (brain related) 

August I have finally a date for the MRI to check out new lesions on me liver!  (no No NO not to be cooked with onions and bacon) haha.  Kitchen and lower floor are crazy still with renovations.  been a mess since FEB bob only has one day a week to do it.  400 sq feet of tile from front door, foyer and kitchn and no one here knows how to do it, but we are 'mudding along'

Mother (age 93) moved out, it is causing bittersweet things for me.  But now I have to sort out her whhole apartment.  She moved into dear family friends who wish to take her on, as it is not helping me get better.  She has lived with us now for 20 years and It is strange not to have the big worry.  She had falled twice in a week, and pulled leg groin thingy, and being 93  deaf and legally blind it has left me no time for me or mine up here.  She knew she wanted t move.  Hated it here as her vision is so low, she felt she was living in a cave (not)  and she was always cold (even in the sun at 90F)  so moving was good for her, but hard for me.  She did not shed a tear, never has.

But I am back, and will soon be backk to my old self whether folks like it or not.  We could get this site going, if people kept things jovial and crazy.  But quite a few do not seem to be of the nature, to just babble.

John prob is busy fixing street animals, from his vet on wheels practice, if that is on the go now.

Love Bonnie

S o o z y Q
                                Participant
                                  Hello,
                                  I was wondering if you could give me specifics about your eyelid lesion? My 11 year old daughter has a newly emerged black lesion (picture is posted on the Facebook site) with irregular boarders on her lower lid that 2 Derms have dubbed “highly suspicious for melanoma”. I would love to hear more about your story or pictures if you have any.
                                  Thank You
                                  Susan
                                    BonnieLea
                                    Participant

Hi Susan   if you can give me contact info, (I don't know what you mean on the face book site, I have face book but is there another place?  my IMAC computer is still in the hospital but if  you can figure out how to get me your email addy, when my comupter comes home I can attach various pictures.

But I can tell you  it looked from the outside as a messy smudgey job of mascara, and since I don't wear it it looked weird.  they did first a small biopsy and it came back same as what your daughters report came back, only 'not clear margins'  so a second and third biopsy which called it finally  a Lentigo Maligna Melanoma or LMM for short. and full total excision was done.  with full thickness graft to make a new lower lid.

now way down in the conjuctivia  (I am not sure of the name but pull lid down on your own eye, and peer down.  it should be red  mine is sort of brown now, I will show pictures to you when I get the other computer back.

I am not one hundred percent sure if I have before pictures, in close up mode, cos as I say it was a goodly line of 'smdgey badly put on mascara)

email me     [email protected]

BonnieLea
                                      Participant

Hi Susan   if you can give me contact info, (I don't know what you mean on the face book site, I have face book but is there another place?  my IMAC computer is still in the hospital but if  you can figure out how to get me your email addy, when my comupter comes home I can attach various pictures.

But I can tell you  it looked from the outside as a messy smudgey job of mascara, and since I don't wear it it looked weird.  they did first a small biopsy and it came back same as what your daughters report came back, only 'not clear margins'  so a second and third biopsy which called it finally  a Lentigo Maligna Melanoma or LMM for short. and full total excision was done.  with full thickness graft to make a new lower lid.

now way down in the conjuctivia  (I am not sure of the name but pull lid down on your own eye, and peer down.  it should be red  mine is sort of brown now, I will show pictures to you when I get the other computer back.

I am not one hundred percent sure if I have before pictures, in close up mode, cos as I say it was a goodly line of 'smdgey badly put on mascara)

email me     [email protected]

S o o z y Q
                                      Participant
                                        Hello,
                                        I was wondering if you could give me specifics about your eyelid lesion? My 11 year old daughter has a newly emerged black lesion (picture is posted on the Facebook site) with irregular boarders on her lower lid that 2 Derms have dubbed “highly suspicious for melanoma”. I would love to hear more about your story or pictures if you have any.
                                        Thank You
                                        Susan
                                    Viewing 5 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics