The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Congestion With Loss of sense of smell

Forums General Melanoma Community Congestion With Loss of sense of smell

Participant
      I am 3 years out from 3a diagnosis and have had nasal congestion for over 8 weeks. I originally dismissed to persistent head cold and finally went to GP last week. I am on a steriod that has reduced the congestion but the sense of smell has yet to return.
      I have googled and have found limited if any relevant information related to melanoma and my symptoms. Though I am under the care of an ENT I don’t want to waste his time for a possible sinus infection.
      Has anyone had any experience with my symptoms being related to a recurrence?

Take care

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Hitchens
        Participant
          I should have added my primary was scalp.
          sks2019
          Participant
            Not to scare you but my mom had lost her sense if smell a year before she was diagnosed at stage 3 . Doctors were never able to find the possible cause of loss of smell and then she was diagnosed with melanoma. We didnt even knew what melanoma means back then.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics